Wednesday, December 12, 2012

NARS Duo Eyeshadow Nouveau Monde Swatches and Reviews

Before I show you my buy, I thought I would show you some pictures I took of the NARS counter at Tangs Beauty Hall. If you are ever visiting Singapore, this is the one place you must go to get your luxe beauty fix.








This is my very first NARS duo eye shadow. There were so many lovely shades at the counter but I wanted something different from the usual warm colours I own. I swatched Nouveau Monde and fell in love with the silvery lilac shade.





I'll be up front and say that I'm not in love with the rubberized packaging. This has actually stopped me from buying their blush and eye shadow products in the past. I so wanted to try their eye shadows so I'm going to store this in the box it came with and hope for the best.





I love how pigmented these are. Unfortunately they crease on me after a few hours even after a have applied a layer of NARS Smudgeproof Eye Shadow base on my lids. Curse my oily lids.




Hm... I am honestly not in love with how the colours translate to my lids. It just looks a blah on me. Here I also used Urban Decay's 24/7 eye pencil Stash to line my eyes.

These are selling for SGD $50.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

12 comments:

  1. I visted tangs last weekend and was disapointed by NARS.. It's not gd as other brands of similar price range. Wanted to buy the matte lipstick but was not totally impressed. Please tell me more abt ur impression on the lipstick u pictured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I owned a velvet matte lipstick called Dolce Vita before so I thought I would get Sex Machine. It is a lighter pink colour. The colour is a little blah on me, I'll let you judge for yourself when I post a review and how it looks on my lips. The lipstick isn't too drying but it is totally matte unlike the Burberry or Chanel version which still has a sheen to it.

      Delete
  2. I have this too! But I don't have creasing problems with it. How about u try with a paint pot or one of the MUFE pencils? Or the Sephora Jumbo 12 hr crayon? I always use those and have no creasing problems :) And im really oily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Kas, I think I beat you in terms of oily! Hehe I'll try it with a cream shadow.

      Delete
    2. I use a base with everything - i favour the MAC paint pots, the MUFE Aqua Creams / Shadows and the Sephora Jumbo eyeliners. These are the best for me. Will tell you a creasy story when I meet u in person the next time, then we see who is the oiliest of them all .. Muahahahaha!

      Delete
    3. Kas I find the MUFE Aqua Creams a little hard to blend, how do you go about applying these? I am dying to meet you again, the last time at the MUFE Black Tango launch I was too shy to talk to you. I only know how to smile. I'm kicking myself.

      Delete
  3. How odd... I have super oily lids too but Nouveau Monde does not crease on me no matter which eye primer I use.

    Anyway, do give Nouveau Monde another chance. How about wearing the colours like this: apply the silvery lilac all over the entire lids as the main colour followed by the khaki green in the outer corner and crease as a contour colour. I've been wearing Nouveau Monde like this and I love the look. The lilac brightens up my eyes while the khaki gives them some depth.

    I also get better colour payoff and finish of the lilac shade (more satiny and vibrant) when I use a kolinsky brush then when I use a goat hair brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nonno, thanks for the advice. I'll try that.

      Delete
  4. Lovely choice! I have it too! Although shamefully not used yet because everything is in containers. hmm.. strange that even the nars smudgeproof base didn't work for u. I've heard spectacular things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracy, so how many things have you not used yet!

      Delete
  5. Aww pity you don't like this one! I've been looking at it forever! I'll have to swatch this when I get the chance to see how it looks on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, go and have a try dear. I think I'm just very pampered by all the luxurious eye shadows that everything else does not match up.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.