Sunday, December 30, 2012

Laura Mercier Art Deco Muse Collection 2012: Illuminating Eye Colors Glided Platinum, Glided Moonlight and Glided Bronze Swatches and Reviews


I think I only got interested in the Laura Mercier Art Deco collection after seeing Replica of Visionary Beauty's post about the Illuminating Eye Color in Glided Bronze. I was completely wowed by the swatches and how good it looked when she did an EOTD.

These are selling for USD $24 and SGD $39. I find the mark up to be very high. I'm kicking myself for not being patient and getting these online but after swatching them at the Laura Mercier counter at Tangs I just had to have them right away. They all looked so good that I picked up three. I skipped Rose Gold. Even though it was also very pretty I am wary about how it would look on my eyes.










Glided Moonlight is a sunny yellow gold.





Glided Bronze is a metallic looking taupe to me.




Glided Platinum is exactly as the name says, a metallic platinum.





These are really pigmented. They blend very well.

Glided Moonlight all over lids
Darkest brown from Chanel Tokapi palette for outer corner of my eyes
Line eyes with black gel liner

Glided Bronze on the outer corners working into the inner corner
Glided Platinum on the inner corner of the eyes
Line eyes with black gel liner

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet in La Fascinante
My dual eye colour look! LOL

These illuminating eye colours pack a punch of metallic bling to my eyes. I feel that they are more suitable for evening looks. If I were to wear it for day, I must use a very light hand for a sheer wash of colour. But for nights, the shine is absolutely gorgeous. They last the whole time I wear them with an eye primer.

These are limited edition, if you are considering getting these, I highly recommend you get them online.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention :) I borrowed my mums Platinum and really like it as well and will go back for the gold I think. They look great on you and that lipstick suits you so well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replica, you are my enabler. These are really wonderful. Thank you for showing us these shadows. Get the rest dear they are worth it.

      Delete
  2. These look gorgeous! Agreed, the markup here is outrageous! Too Faced etc also have terrible markups. Makes me so reluctant to buy their stuff in Singapore, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetie, I know right. Buying this was a moment of folly but I don't regret it, I just wished I had been more patient and waited to order online.

      Delete
  3. They're gorgeous! So nice and metallic and smooth looking, I like Gilded Bronze the best. Happy new year from Cambridge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Rachel! Did you celebrate? These shadows are awesome, I'm having fun coming up with looks for these.

      Delete
  4. Happy new year, Jacqueline!

    These are SO gorgeous and so my thing! Your eyes look so amazingly bright with them! Definitely need to look around, but I can't even decide which one(s) I want the most ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, that is why I bought 3 of these, I couldnt decide either :) get them before they disappear, I think you need Gilded Bronze in your life.

      Delete
  5. the LM holiday collection looks amazing! You look great there with red lips too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nic Nic thanks! LM has many treasures, I just wish the mark up wasn't so high here.

      Delete
  6. It looks so pretty and pigmented! I don't know whether I could bear to use this one if I got it.

    Meryl

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.