Sunday, December 2, 2012

Guerlain Liu Eye and Lip Calligraphy Platte Swatches and Reviews


I am literally eating my words when I write this post. I said I would never buy another palette with cream and powder products placed together. Look what I have.

I took me a long time to decide to get this palette. It was sitting in my shopping cart for weeks but finally when Meryl from Memoiselle offered to pick it up for me at DFS Changi I said it was now or never.

I was totally smitten by the bold lip colours and when I saw the swatches online I knew the Liu palette warranted a closer look.






As you can see, the Liu palette is palm sized. 




The third eye shadow from the top is a difficult colour to photograph accurately  I have below two pictures for the silver taupe shade. In one it looks more warm and the other looks more like a silver grey.







I had a great experience with Guerlain eye shadows in the form of Les Fauves. Most of the eye shadows are beautifully pigmented except for the matte dark grey shade. I wished the quality was better. The shadows blend beautifully and last well on my lids. I love the metallic look, so festive.



The left shade is a pink red whereas the right shade is a warm red shade. I was worried that they would look garish on me but its not the case. These are wearable bold colours. They are not as emollient and creamy as my favourite  lipsticks but they still feel comfortable on the lips.


The look below features 3 shades. I skipped the copper shade for this.



I used the pink red shade below. I kept it wearable by not applying too many layers.



I am in love with the warm red shade. It looks like an orange red on my lips.



Overall, I am pleased with my purchase. I paid about SGD$96 at the DFS. I'm not sure how much it costs at the counters. I am being careful with my eye shadows so that it does not kick up any powder onto my precious lip colours. I wish for the price Guerlain would have added a lid for the lip colours like what Dior does. It is a great palette to bring along for travelling. This is definitely going with me when I visit Bangkok in December.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

14 comments:

  1. Lovely look on you dear! The pigmentation looks wonderful and I love the lip color on you! Both looks very nice :)

    xx Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am totally in love with the two lip shades. Thank you for getting this palette for me Meryl. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. It really looks lovely on you. I am very tempted by this myself, its just the copper eye shade that makes me hesitate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought it partially because of the copper ;)

      Delete
  3. What a gorgoues palette! and seems so travel friendly, but perfect with a lip lid like you mention. Look the neutral eye look you created too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this packaging is amazing! It looks beautiful on you! I'm glad you like your purchase:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caise, how about you Caise? Do you have an eye palette you are currently lemming?

      Delete
    2. nothing special.. I've been on a eyeshadows ban recently because I want to save money for Spring collections (because they usually have 'my' colors:)

      Delete
  5. Glad to hear you like this one too! Pretty amazing palette eh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sunny, I am totally in love. It is an amazing palette!

      Delete
  6. This is SUCH a gorgeous palette, but one that I had to pass on. The shades just don't excite me, but they're great basics to have and create a very glamorous look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca, I am a big sucker for holiday colours and this palette just sings to me.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.