Sunday, December 16, 2012

Epic haul!

This is my epic December haul. Seeing it makes me feel happy and guilty at the same time. I can't imagine how much I spent in one fell swoop. I will let the pictures speak for themselves.


My first stop was to see my favourite MA Quiling who has shifted to Chanel Takashimaya. I honestly only wanted to get Apparence Illusion d'Ombre. My mistake to swatch the Harmonie du Soir quad. I have been telling myself that I will not buy the quad, Tokapi is enough for me. The colours and texture called out to me and I ended up with both Apparence and Harmonie du Soir.


How could I not go to the newly revamped Tangs beauty hall. It is makeup paradise I tell you. I headed straight for the Tom Ford counter. I was hoping to bring home one of the lipsticks. Unfortunately none of the shades appealed to me. I was hoping to swatch Diabolique (Sunny created a lemming for me) but they only had the regular line up. Then I turned my eyes on the blushes and decided Flush was too pretty to pass up. I made the bad decision to swatch the eye shadow quad and decided what the heck I'll get one. My original decision was Golden Mink but was talked into getting Cognac Sable instead.


I went to swatch the new Laura Mercier Illuminating Eye Colour. I was going to buy these online because they are cheaper online. But you now how it is, I just had to have it like right now. I skipped the rose gold shade and bought the rest.


I look at my new acquisitions in horror and happiness. It is a strange mix of feelings. I have been a really bad girl!




Reviews and swatches of everything soon. I can't wait to play with them.

Have you ever gone overboard with your makeup purchases?

18 comments:

  1. Oooh I can't wait to see all of your acquisitions in action :) I've never bought anything Chanel or Tom Ford, I imagine it's like makeup heaven! :) I recently went a bit overboard the weekend after thanksgiving...everything was on sale! Sooo...I ended up with Sugarpill, Inglot, and various Sephora goodies. Here's to guilty pleasures hehe! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to guilty pleasures Emmy Jean. I love Inglot too! Show me what you bought! Chanel and Tom Ford are to me the point of no return, once you get hooked on them (they are like drugs) there is no going back.

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOD that's a real haul! You'll love the Chanel stuff! I saw the other red lipsticks in the collection a couple of days ago, and it took a lot of self-discipline not to get one more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chanel is one of my drugs I tell you. See at least you have some self-discipline. I have none at all. lol

      Delete
  3. Oh wow ... its really an epic haul ..... love to see reviews and makeup looks using them soon ..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try Tom Ford products, you bought some amazing things! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend the blush or eye quad, they are fantastic.

      Delete
  5. Tangs is NOT SAFE!! Now I've got Tom Ford quads on my mind.. Cognac Sable looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna, I don't see why they have to have other departments, I think the beauty department is the only place I'll visit, I won't even need to go to the second floor. Cognac Sable is gorgeous my dear. Next time we play with it at the counters!

      Delete
  6. OMG your haul is lust worthy!! I love love your TF choice and the Laura Mercier's eyeshadow. The Laura Mercier eyeshadow looks so pretty but I need to avoid buying more and more eyeshadow :p It's so hard to resist the temptation of buying something whenever I stepped in to Tangs beauty hall! :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Luna says Tangs has become a very dangerous place for us beauty addicts. I did not put in any effort to resist at all my dear I feel so guilty!

      Delete
  7. Oh what a gorgeous, gorgeous haul, Jacqueline!! So jealous right now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca I don't think you will feel jealous at all when my credit card bill comes ;) lol

      Delete
  8. *drooling* the eyeshadows all look soooo pretty.... That place is NOT SAFE, i tell u.... Everyone's wallets and credit cards are all at risk whenever one steps into Tangs Beauty Hall. But seriously... ur picks are super! Great haul babe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, it is definitely not a safe place for me, I must stay away from the area at least until Jan. I am loving everything I bought, I'm o happy!

      Delete
  9. Hello dear Jacqueline!! Yeah! Tangs has become a totally new beauty heaven!! Hohoho!! I am in total envyyy!! Thats a pretty sparkly haul!! Just take it as a great Merry Christmas treat for a whole working year!! Do enjoy your new beauty darlings!! Have a sweet week ahead!!!!!:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey YJ I am loving everything! If I could throw all my makeup on my bed and roll in it I would :) I am having a lovely December how about you?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.