Friday, December 28, 2012

Chanel Holiday 2012 Quadra Eye Shadow Harmonie Du Soir Swatches and Review


I have for you today Chanel's quandra Eye Shadow in Harmonie Du Soir. I initially wasn't interested in getthing this because I was a little apprehensive of the plum shade, that was until I swatched it. I fell in love with the pearly pink and beautiful gold shade.


I find this very hard to photograph properly. The colours look washed out.








There is a beautiful brassy old gold, a lovely brownish taupe, a plum and finally a pearly pink shade.



I made swatches of Harmonie Du Soir and Tokapi side by side. Both palettes have superb pigmentation and quality. 


Pale pink shade all over lids.


Brownish taupe shade from the outer corners blending inwards.


A dab of plum used as a contour shade and the brassy gold shade from the inner corner of the eyes blending outwards.


Using a creamy black eye pencil I smudged the lash line.




The products I used.


Base:
Giorgio Armani Fluid Master  Primer
Chanel Perfection Lumiere
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint Coral Nymph
Chanel Joues Contraste Reflex
Burberry Light Glow Earthy

Eyes:
Chanel Harmonie Du Soir
Clip Gelpresso eye liner Club Black
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill mascara

Lips:
Burberry Lipliner Dusty Rose
Chanel Rouge Allure Confidentelle
Chanel Extrait de Gloss Confidence

Harmonie Du Soir is a lovely palette with a dash of colour. Using this palette takes a little more effort on my part because of the plum shade. Darling MA Quiling at the Takashimaya branch told me to mix the plum with the brown shade together before applying. The plum shade on its own can make my eyes look swollen if I'm not careful. Between Tokapi and Harmonie Du Soir I still prefer Tokapi because of its user friendly colours. 

At SGD $96 this is a big splurge. I like that Chanel went with more interesting colours than the standard gold and brown shades. 

I will probably take my time to play with the colours more and come up with more looks.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

I wore this look out to meet dear Luna from Lunaface. We went to Cedele at Wheelock and finally got to taste the Earl Grey ice cream dear Elaine has been raving about. It was delicious. The red velvet cake was awesome too.



Cake anyone?

4 comments:

  1. I like how you have used the shades, I'll have to try that and yes please to the cake ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a big weakness for cakes especially red velvet, I can't seem to pass it up Replica.

      Delete
  2. I like this quad on you! The cranberry is indeed not the easiest shade to use (on my skin tone), but I find it working really well on my outer v with the taupe on the outer half of my lids. It looks great on you (and darn I want that CAKE!)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny, I will try what you have suggested. I cannot resist cake, how about you? I have a uber sweet tooth, not the best thing for my waist lol.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.