Saturday, December 8, 2012

Burberry Lip Velvet in No. 308 Pink Azalea and Fuchsia Pink No. 309 swatches and reviews


In my recent trip to the Burberry counter at Tangs, I finally got hold of the long awaited Lip Velvets. I have been wanting them since I heard about them and was seriously contemplating ordering them from Nordstrom based on the online swatches. Sanity prevailed, thankfully and I was able to muster enough self-control to wait for them to arrive in Singapore.

When it comes to matte shades, I prefer bright colours. Matte nudes look horrible on me. That is why I picked up Pink Azalea and Fuchsia Pink. I had my heart set on Military Red so I'll definitely be making a trip down to try that at the counter.



The new Lip Velvets sport a matte gun mental casing. Very sleek. It also has that magnetic thingmajig that snaps the lipstick close.

My Lip Cover sandwiched between my Lip Velvets



Left to right: Pink Azaalea and Fuchsia Pink




As you can see, Fuchsia Pink is almost a cool red on me.



Pink Azalea is a wearable rose shade that isn't too bright or too muted. It gives me a nice healthy pop of colour.

Lip Velvets feel lightweight on my lips. They are opaque with just one swipe.They are moisturizing enough for me as they do not leave my lips dry and peeling after a whole day of wearing them. They don't really go on as a flat matte colour, it is more of a satiny texture with a slight sheen to it.

The formula and texture reminds me of Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvets which I am also in love with. They last up to 4 hours on me without food and when I do eat I find that a nice uniformed stain is left behind. They reapply well and are basically a delight for me to put on.

They sell for SGD $43.

Check up my swatches of them at the counter here. I am also very tempted by Bright Poppy, I must try that when I return to the counter. So have you bought a Lip Velvet yet?

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

11 comments:

  1. I think Pink Azalea is more of my color. I have not tried this range yet as I need to limit my lipstick purchase but I definitely need to check this out ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I need to curb it but I can't help myself. I'm bracing myself for the new Giorgio Armani Lip Maestros coming out next year.

      Delete
  2. Really pretty packaging. Pink Azaalea seems like a color I would love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco the brighter pinks are worth checking out.

      Delete
  3. Both colors look gorgeous on you. I picked Pink Azalea out for myself as well, love it!
    I'm already excited for the Spring 2013 collection that RougeDeluxe posted recently. Can't wait to check out the new blushes & curious about the new eyeshadow single.
    x Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe you have all the latest news! I'm going to Rouge Deluxe to check them out.

      Delete
  4. Jac, both colors look absolutely gorgeous on you!! I'm so jealous of how you can pull off bright lip colors so well... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy but you know what I can't do nude and natural colours, they look totally washed out on me.

      Delete
    2. Then God is fair ;) Hahaha, i guess we can't have everything eh.. :)

      Delete
    3. My fav saying, God gives some and he also takes some. Joy give bright colours a try.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.