Monday, December 10, 2012

Burberry Complete Eye Palette in Plum Pink Swatches and Reviews



I present to you, my newest addition to my Burberry eye shadow family, the complete eye shadow palette in Plum Pink. I had a hard time choosing which palette to bring home with me. If you read my blog, you will probably know I have many of their eye shadow singles so I didn't want a palette that has colours close to what I own already. I decided that Plum Pink had enough colours that I didn't own so it went home with me.



All the palettes come in the standard issue black pouch. This is the first time I see the brushes being put this way. I understand that this is done so that it doesn't take up space in the palette but I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I hope I don't lose them.





The quality of the applicators are so so. I'm not in love with the angled brush, it is too hard. The other two are okay.


Left to right: Eye shadow palette and blush

The palette is the same size as the blush.


On to the colours! I had to flip the palette upside down to take a good picture of it in the sunlight.



Bottom to top:
Matte plummy grey
Satiny plum
Rose pink
Pink beige


I have heard that some bloggers have mentioned that the quality of these eye shadows are not as good as the singles. I beg to differ, I find the quality of these shadows similar to the singles. Most of the shades have a satiny sheen except for the darkest shade.



I have here Midnight Plum on the left and the plum shade in the palette. Midnight Plum has a bluish purple hint whereas the other is a straight up plum to me.


I did two different looks with this palette. For the above look I did a natural look with rose pink shade as an all over lid colour and the plum shade for the outer corner up to the crease. I lined my eyes with the grey plum shade followed by Burberry Eye definer in Midnight Plum.


For this look, I did a somewhat smokier look with the plum all over the lids up to the crease with the rose pink above it. Then used the grey shade for the outer corner of the eyes. For both looks I used the lightest shade as a brow highlight. 


Can't tell that there are two different eye looks right?


There was a gust of wind when I took this shot. I couldn't resist putting this in. This is wind swept hair for you. It is never as glamorous in real life as compared to all those model shots eh?

The palette goes for SGD $85 at the Tangs counter. It sells for USD $59. It is more worth it to buy online if you intend to buy many items at once.

I think the eye shadow palettes are wonderful introductions to Burberry eye shadows. The singles cost a pretty penny so with the palettes you get 4 lovely shades that pair well together. The formula is pigmented and soft as butter. They glide onto lids and blend well together. If you don't own any of Burberry's shadows yet and love a good workhorse palette, may I suggest Mocha. It has very nice neutral colours.

You can check out my swatches I did at the store here.

I am contemplating getting Dark Spice and strangely Pale Nude (somehow all the colours look like they would be awesome all over lid colours except for the white).

Do you have any particular palette you like?

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

17 comments:

  1. Ahh this is the eye palette I am contemplating to buy next time. I think the color looks very nice and the EOTD you created looks pretty dear. :)

    xx Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Meryl! It is a beautiful palette and I love the quality of the eye shadows. We will go swatch them this Sunday okay? :)

      Delete
  2. This is what I've been waiting for from Burberry! Good thing I resisted on all the singles.. Can't wait to test everything out this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe you must help me to resist getting another quad ok :) You are going to love the palettes!

      Delete
  3. Oohhh the plum looks so pretty on you, and the midnight plum looks good too! Great addition to your ever growing collection ;)
    So did u use the brush/applicator that was provided or your own brushes here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I should have a separate drawer just for Burberry stuff. Kekeke. I did use the sponge applicator the others are quite useless.

      Delete
  4. it looks beautiful on you! such a gorgeous packaging! too bad that I like only two colors because I really wanted to treat myself to this palette:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Caise, it's money saved so that can't be bad ;)

      Delete
  5. It looks lovely on you. Its good to hear the quality is there as the reviews seem so mixed on these quads x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find these better in quality that the Giorgio Armani ones, have you tried them?

      Delete
  6. For a while I was wondering why dear Jacs has not already pounced onto the palettes... and well, I guess it's a matter of time ;-) I haven't gotten any this time round - I just think that my singles is enough to 'dupe' many of the shades in the palettes. BTW, because of you I have now started hauling GA ETK. lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he Tracy, I cannot stay away from the Burberry palettes, it was just a matter of time. So how many ETKs do you own now :) I am such a baaad enabler.

      Delete
  7. I was so close to getting this palette but Mindy had another customer so I wandered off to YSL and the rest is history... lol
    Anyway, Plum Pink looks beautiful on you! It turns out to be more natural looking than I'd expected though.
    Btw, the angled brush that comes with the palette, I find it pretty good (stiff and thin enough) for drawing eyebrows. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonno I never thought about using it as an eye brow brush. Thanks otherwise it would be left there. So what did you get at YSL? I want the Arctic Night palette!

      Delete
    2. Ha... nothing exciting actually. Pure Chromatics N19 and a touche eclat. I tried on Arctic Night but (luckily) dark blue just isn't my colour. *whew* ;)

      Delete
  8. Eee I WANT!!! We don't have ALL the quads here, but I think we do get this one. Sooner or later I'll close my eyes and plop down the money to come back with one ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which are the ones that you have Sunny? If you like neutrals Mocha and Dark Spice are very nice indeed.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.