Friday, November 16, 2012

Sponsored: Make Up For Ever Holodiam Collection 2012 Holodiam Powder Swatches


(Information taken from Make Up For Ever press kit)

INSPIRATION
MAKE UP FOR EVER has created a spectacular look to light up the year-end holidays with a burst of glitter that takes glam to the extreme! The HOLODIAM collection captures the brilliance of the spotlights and the bold, brash glamour of a woman who is not afraid to take center stage.
‘On the floor,’ she dramatizes her eyes. They come to life with a bewitching smoky black that glistens with subtle holographic highlights. She mixes the HOLODIAM POWDER like a deejay compiling a playlist. The glitter achieves a holographic effect thanks to a technological first: multifaceted pearlescent particles that reflect no fewer than three different colors depending on the refraction angle of the light. The result is an optical phenomenon, a pulsing vibration of intense, ever-changing colors for electrifying eyes infused with mystery. Color turns to light, black turns to glitter. Her cheekbones are accentuated with a simple blush, her lips with a nude champagne shade. And when she wants to take the look to the limit, limited edition false lashes sprinkled with fine golden glitter give her the ultimate glamorous, festive look.





I am very privileged to received these gorgeous powers to play with thanks to the wonderful tribe at MUFE.


HOLODIAM POWDER

HOLODIAM POWDER, a loose powder that catches the light in a glittering rainbow of iridescent colors, was designed to enhance both eyelids and cheeks. The sleek box contains a thousand different hues just waiting to add drama to smoky or incandescent eyes, or amplify the cheekbones with a flurry of colorful stars. Color becomes light, and even black sparkles.

4 irresistible shades

4 shades combine in enchanting harmony to highlight each and every complexion.

RETAIL PRICE SGD41
No. 302


No.303
No. 304


The Holodiam powders comes in a handy plastic tub with a sifter inside. The thing with these tubs is if it is not sitting on a surface and gets moved around, you will find a lot of product in the sifter trays. That may make it hard to control the amount of product you want.

When I first opened these, I had to make sure that I was careful separating the plastic sifter from the tub. The Holodiam powders are light so you don't want to spill this everywhere.






No. 302 is a gorgeous gold, brown, green powder. On top of my Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow in 0E it is transformed into a duo chrome colour with green in it.






The above is No. 303. I just love the bling!







My favourite shade of all, No. 304. I just love the dark gold shade. Look at how lovely it looks over the black shadow. To die for!


After looking at this picture I realise how haphazard my swatching was. I guess I was too bedazzled!

To avoid an overly long post, I will keep my reviews and show you how I used these Holodiam powders in the next post. Stay tuned!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, so sparkly and fitting for the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so jealous! 302 and 304 is just gorgeous :) Hope that you'll do an FOTD with this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore 302 with the brown MUFE liner on Tuesday. I did a simple day look with jus a little dab on the top of my lids. It is gorgeous. The powders re really fine and on a creamy base, sticks without any fall out. Love!

      Delete
  3. The sparkles are almost real! I can't wait to see how it'll look on your lids, J. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi herroyalbleakness, they are so pretty! I can't wait to show them to you too!

      Delete
  4. nr.302 stock photo and the one right under it is the same?holy hell! I'm in love with that red/fuscia colored one! *___*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is actually more brown red in real life. It is on my first set of swatches.

      Delete
  5. Wow I love them layered on top of something else! Sparklicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sunny, on their own, they don't shine as much as if you layered it on top of something creamy.

      Delete
  6. Oooooooh!!! love love the colours much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pinkbuble, aren't they just the prettiest. :) Thanks for dropping by babe.

      Delete
  7. 303 and the blue from the Tango palette looks great! I knew I loved Holodiam the first time you posted about it but I never thought I'd appreciate it more seeing these looks you've made!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must try these, I really love them as shadow toppers. I have been placing these on top of my regular shadows for work. I can't wait to really wear the bling out version.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.