Wednesday, November 21, 2012

NARS in Singapore Finally and Nars Rouge Tribal lip gloss swatch

This is probably old news to you if you live in Singapore but Nars can now be found at Tangs Orchard. I was very lucky to have been invited to a beauty event welcoming Mr Nars to Singapore.

You know when I first saw the email inviting me to the event I was both thrilled and scared.

Why scared? It was a cocktail party and I have never attended one of this type before. I was so lucky to have had Meryl from Memoiselle go with me.





I got to meet lovely Mag from Makeup Stash! and Sophia from The Make-up Blogette. They are the nicest ladies ever, finally getting to meet and talk to them was certainly the highlight of my evening. Meryl, Elrica and myself were trying to score a picture with Mr Nars but he was totlly swarmed with people. 

I honestly felt very intimidated by the whole event. There were many beautiful people there. The models were so tall, I felt dwarfed and under dressed. Everyone was just standing around waiting for Mr Nars to turn up. If I had gone myself, I would probably try to get the walls to swallow me up. I probably wouldn't have turned up! So thank you Meryl and Elrica for making the event fun for me.

Here I have some product pictures I took at the event. All taken with my iPhone, I felt silly taking out my point and shoot camera when everyone had their professional camera. 








I must thank Meryl for getting me this goodie bag, thanks so much babe!




(Information taken from Nars website)

Replenishes skin with 24-hour intense hydration and restores luminosity that naturally diminishes over time. Enriched with Beech Bud Extract to boost collagen production* and potent anti-oxidants to combat free radical damage.

Contains the NARS exclusive Light Reflecting Complex™ designed to restore skin’s youthful radiance and reflect light like a prism.
Ideal for normal to dry and seasonally dry skin.
Dermatologist Tested & Non-Comedogenic
Synthetic Fragrance Free, Paraben Free, Alcohol Free




The luminous moisture cream is better suited for dry skins. I tried in on my super oily skin, totally not suitable. It left me looking very greasy. My mom however loves it.


(Information taken from Nars website)

Outrageously lustrous color meets high-impact shine. Dramatic, stay-in-place shades glide on smoothly and evenly for lips that are more luminous and voluminous than ever before.
High-shine, high-impact finish gives a dramatic effect
Long-lasting, stay-in-place wear
Infused with ingredients to nourish and fight free radicals while natural lip enhancers pump up volume
Shorter-bristle brush delivers the most precise application possible



Rouge Tribal is a metallic burgundy shade with gold sparkles. When I first saw it, it was like oh no, it is not a shade I would wear. I still think it is hard to pull this colour off on me.



I don't think I can pull off vampy lips. Boo!

If you think you would like to try this shade and don't mind that I've used it once. Send me an email. The first person who emails me can have Rouge Tribal.

If you are interested to knw the prices of Nars in Singapore, please visit Mag's lovely blog. She has all the details at The Makeup Stash!

I definitely want to pick up more Velvet Matte Lip Pencils and perhaps an eye shadow duo. What about you?

16 comments:

  1. I am glad you had fun :-)
    you are so lucky! you have all great brands over there!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Caise, and this month Tom Ford beauty will finally reach Singapore. It has been a very exciting year for beauty for all of us.

      Delete
  2. Eee looks exciting!!! I'm still waiting for NARS to come to Belgium, but before that can happen let me just gawk at your pics! You guys look so cute in front of the photo wall :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny, when I go to the cou ter I'll take lots of pictures for you. I intend to get me some NARS goodies.

      Delete
  3. Babe! It was a fun night to see Mr Nars in person :))
    I have not tried the plum lippies yet, a bit scared to do so though lol.

    xoxo Meryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babe!! It was truly a fun night to see Mr Nars himself :))
    I have not tried the plum lippies yet as I am afraid it wouldn't look good on me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, it was not flattering on me as you can see.

      Delete
    2. The gloss looks good on you, actually. I'd love to see you try a rich deep plum ;)

      Delete
  5. Hallo! Very nice to finally meet you in real person too, what a pleasant surprise! :) and great chatting with you. I don't think you were underdressed at all, you look totally party appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sophia, thanks for leaving me a comment :) aiyah I was actually quite shy about coming over to talk to you, all thanks to Meryl.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mag, I think I am just not used to the type of colour. I tried Burberry's Lip Velvet in Hawthorn Berry which was another goth type burgundy both MA and myself kinda shook our heads when it was applied on me. ;)

      Delete
  6. Hey don't give the gloss away! I think it looks stunning on you! Keep it for special days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already did :( it is out of my comfort zone but thanks for saying it looked nice.

      Delete
  7. You received 2 fabulous products! In my bag were Storm Bird (I gave it to Joey as I'd already purchased it in BKK) and Amsterdam lippy. :)

    And you know, meeting you for the first time made it a memorable night for me, as well. You're really sweet and nice to talk to! *hugs*

    PS: You looked great and were most certainly not under-dressed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *kiss and hugs* aw... you are so kind. Thank you so much. I am very thankful to Meryl for going over to say hi so I can get to meet all of you. We must meet up again, we have so much to talk about. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.