Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Koyudo Blush Brush Review

Let me tell you a back story about how I came to know about Koyudo brushes. For a long time reader Nonno (hey there sweetie!) has been telling me about how amazing these brushes were. I never had the chance to see them because it is sold exclusively at Isetan during their Japanese festivals. Nonno sent me an email telling me that they were in Singapore but I just didn't think I needed another brush so I decided to skip it. 

Then I happened to come across them while I was on my way for a quick Japanese lunch on a Saturday. I literally skidded to a stop and started fawning and touching all of them. I must look batty to the sweet Japanese girl who was manning the counter.

Anyway they feel very soft and well made. I couldn't help myself, I decided one of these must come home with me.

The brushes featuring the blue squirrel hair are the most expensive of the lot, the inner stingy me was cringing at the prices of some of these beauties. I honestly couldn't bring myself to pay more than $80 for brush no matter how amazingly soft and well made so I settled for a cheek brush made from goat hair.

Enjoy the pictures I took at the counter.










Isn't this super duper cute?





I bought the angled cheek brush with goat hair for SGD $64.






The bristles are packed firmer than my Hakuhodo blush brush so this is perfect for my sheerer blushes. I love using this with my Chanel Joues Constraste blushes. It also features a shorter handle. You can find the product description of this brush here.

I have washed this a couple of times, I have not experienced any shedding at all. It is such a joy to use this on my face.


Koyudo brushes do have their own website here. Unfortunately it is Japanese. I think you can only buy it online if you live in Japan or you can wait for the Japan festivals to happen again at Isetan to have a peek at these brushes.

I am absolutely happy with my buy. Nobody makes great quality make up brushes like the Japanese. If you are looking for a quality make up brush, you should give Koyudo brushes a try.

Thanks Nonno, for recommending these to me. I am definitely going to pick a few more the next time they come to town.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

11 comments:

  1. I really wanted to visit Koyudo fair at Isetan couple weeks ago but I insisted that I should not go. I know I would purchase the heart shaped brush but I need to limit my makeup purchase as my drawers are too packed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, time to enlarge your storage space ;) actually I really wanted to stay away but ah I can't stop myself. I have very little will power when it comes to makeup.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for all the LOVELY pics:)
    I already have quite a collection of these beauties and can happily report that Koyudo does ship internationally. Google Chrome helps to translate the page. You need to fill out the international order form (on the lower left hand side of the page) & mail it to them. They reply with the full purchase price incl shipping and ask you to settle via PP. Once the parcel is ready for shipping they send you a shipping advice with tracking & soon you hold your magnificently manufactured Koyudo beauties in your hands.
    cooljapannow.jp also stocks Koyudo and ordering is simpler via their shop. They don't however stock the entire range.
    These brushes are the greatest discovery since Hakuhodo. Warning though!!!.....once you start collecting them it's VERY hard to stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buggsiebee, thank you for stopping by and for the useful information. I just checked out the website you gave me, oh no! So many pretty brushes. Must breathe and calm down. ;) I must take my time and browse.

      Delete
  3. Those short, stubby, dense looking brushes are SO cute and look super soft! I WANT ONE!! I can only imagine how wonderful they feel against the skin. I never used to be that into brushes (I'd rather spend my money on actual makeup :P) but lately, I've been wanting to invest in nicer brushes. May have to see if I can get a hold of some of these! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca check out this website cooljapannow.jp a reader just recommended it to me. I personally feel that face brushes are worth splurging on but you can skimp on the eye brushes. Check out this brush set, so cute!

      http://cooljapannow.jp/detail.html?KEY=NEOKUD-129

      Anyway, have fun browsing.

      Delete
  4. wow some has really weid shapes....o_O
    the fat ones must be hell to wash tho....I had a hard time washing foundation off of my Sigma flat kabuki...and it gave up eventually falling apart :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found another great way to wash the foundation off my foundation brushes. The Make Up Store Brush Soap.

      http://www.makeupstore.se/eeen/products/tools/brushcleaner/brush_cleaning_soap

      It does a wonderful job of washing away all the foundation and it is much gentle on my brushes as compared to the Daiso soap.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jacq

    Glad you like the brush you chose. :) I recommend you check out their kolinsky eye brushes. Very soft yet resilient. Excellent for bringing out the colours on the lids. I absolutely love those. <3

    Btw, I don't know if Koyudo brushes are dupes for Hakuhodo ones but the Koyudo face/cheek brushes I own... I'm able to find some Hakuhodo brushes in the same size and shape. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naughty girl, I told myself not to splurge on eye shadow brushes. Now you are making me lem them. ;) I have been wanting a brush for packing on colour n the lids. I'm seriously considering buying them online.

      Delete
  6. Go girl, you won't regret it! LOL Beware tho... Like what Bugissebee said, once you start on Koyudo it's hard to stop. I can attest to that! ;) Luckily they are only available here twice a year.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.