Friday, November 30, 2012

Groove Movie Night Face


I just wanted to share with you my excitement and nervousness about my coming performance for my dance school. My performance is tomorrow and I have butterflies in my stomach right now. I hope I'll be able to get a good nights rest and tomorrow, not make a fool of myself.

I always fret about my makeup. I'm quite fastidious. I can't seem to get the right groove to apply makeup when there isn't a proper makeup area and lighting. I also wanted to try out some things I am planning to use and see how I would go about applying them in case I make a mess of myself on the actual day itself.

I definitely want to use the Make Up For Ever Holodiam powders. I decided to use the Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream in matte black as a base. I do find it difficult to blend because they dry fast so I gave up. Instead I used Laura Mercier's Metallic Creme Eye shadow in Gold to blend. I applied Holodiam Power in No. 304 on top of the Aqua Cream. Then finished off by lining my eyes heavily with a black liner. 


This was also the perfect opportunity to play with the glittery gold lashes by Make Up For Ever.




These lashes are very comfortable but I find that it looks odd on me. I can't get used to having it stand out so.

No performance can do without my favourite Aqua Rouge. I used No. 8, a hot spicy red.




These are the makeup items I used.


Base:
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder

Cheeks:
Cargo blush in Tonga

Eyes:
Nars Smudgeproof Eye Shadow Base
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Matte Black
Laura Mercier Metallic Eye Cream in Gold
Make Up For Ever Aqua Liner in black
Clio Gelpresso liner in Black Gold
Make Up For Ever Holodiam Powder in 304
Make Up For Ever lashes

Lips:
Burberry Lip Liner in Brick Red
Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge No. 8

This is my costume. I hate hunting for costumes, I am very indecisive. After quite a few trial and errors, I finally settled on this sequin top. Sequin tops are meant for skinny gals. I tell you, it emphasizes every bulge.


Thanks for looking.

20 comments:

  1. your makeup looks beautiful! it is going to look great with the sequins! good luck on your dance recital! cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe, one word for you : HOT!
    Love those lashes for the performance!

    xoxo Meryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the make-up!! And that sequinned outfit is awesome, im sure you're gonna do well! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your performance! I LOVE your makeup and the costume! You're going to be a STAR! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, it's one in the morning and I can't sleep yet. I'm all jitters. Thanks babe.

      Delete
  5. Good luck with your performance Jacq, I am sure you'll be brilliant! The lashes look cool, and that lipstick is the perfect red for you. Your application is so precise too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I hate the jitters. I'm very sure I'm going to blank out just before performance time again. Let's hope my body remembers. ;)

      Delete
  6. Gosh! That holodiam powder is great! I love the color and it's really suitable for stage performance :)

    xx Meryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These powders are fantastic, add a little on top of any eye shadow and you get a very nice sparkle.

      Delete
  7. NIIIIICEEEEEE!!!! I'm trying my Holodiams out too! I want to see how it'd look atop that deep green pencil from MUFE

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look, and that the lashes doesn't go over-the-top despite the obvious.

    As for the top, perhaps a sequined top with tassels would fare better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce, you cannot believe how many times I had to go to Bugis Village to hunt for this silly sequin top.

      Delete
  9. Hello Jacqueline!! Trust your performance went great!! Well, the makeup was great! The lashes fits the occasion very much and your sequined blouse!! The holodiams added an extra sparkly oomph!! Ooh Is the gelpresso in golden black the one you wanted to get!!? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey ZyJ, I bought it on a whim, sad to say, it still smudges! Big boo! Well the dance went ok, I did not forget my steps :) whew! The video is up on YouTube, I'll post it as soon as I can.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.