Monday, November 26, 2012

Burberry Holiday 2012 collection and Eye Palette Swatches


I know I am silly but I have been feeling very deprived lately. Between my work, my dance rehearsals, dance classes and pole classes and family outings, I have not had the time to go to town to check out all the new spangly things I have been hearing about. I have been wanting to go visit the new Tangs Beauty Hall in Orchard Road. Oh my! The place is a beauty haven. So many new exciting brands.

When Mindy from Burberry Beauty told me that the new quads were in, I made sure I made time to go. At the time of my visit, I wasn't feeling 100% well but you know what all that beauty shopping certainly cured me of my discomfort.


Mindy and Braxius behind the counter doing their Burberry things!

I like the new Burberry space. Though the the biggest, it exudes class. I like the wood dressing tables too. It feels welcoming and certainly is a delight to sit in it. That's my camera by the way!

I like how Xiao from Messy Wands puts it, guerrilla swatching. Here is my attempt.


No. 01 Smokey Grey

No. 02 Mocha

No. 03 Pale Nude

No. 05 Dark Spice

No. 06 Plum Pink (I bought this so I skipped swatching this better pictures soon)
No. 07 Pink Taupe


Ignore the label, this is the Lip Gloss in Vintage Gold. I was seriously tempted to get this even though I'm not a lip gloss person. I tried it on my lips and the store lighting just made it shimmer.


Finally the piece de resistance, a very cute Beauty Charm with the Cameo Pink gloss inside.





I am so tempted by this, I just wish the colour was not so non-existent. SGD $110. I might just get this simply because I am such a Burberry fan. :)

I am a naughty girl. I'm going to post the new Lip Velvets in the next post so stay tuned.

In the mean time, if you need to get a Burberry fix please look for Mindy and Braxius, they are the nicest MAs around.

15 comments:

  1. Eyecandy! I so love Burberry packaging and I never fancy over how an item looks. Those quads are really tempting. Are they pigmented? Thanks for the swatches xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joanne, the initial swatches look very promising. I felt they were pigmented. I have yet to try my Plum Pink yet, I'll post a review when I get to try it out. I had a hard tie walking away with just one palette. :)

      Delete
  2. *sigh* SOOOO pretty! I can't wait to make Plum Pink and Pink Taupe mine!! :D And that charm is SO adorable, but I definitely agree with you--I wish it were more pigmented for that kind of money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, if they had put in a Lip Mist or Lip Cover, I would have bought it immediately.

      Delete
  3. From your photos, No. 06 Plum Pink is also my favourite.
    Gosh. I find it hard to resist swatching those buttery eyeshadows whenever I'm near a Burberry counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natasha! I received your second package today! Thank you for all the lovely goodies, I'm going to have lots of fun playing with them. I'm trying hard to convince myself that there is enough dupes in my singles to not buy the palettes.

      Delete
    2. *Phew!* I was worried that it had gone missing, especially since I mailed that one about 2 weeks before the freestyle palette. I do hope you have fun with them!

      ps I don't blame you for loving Burberry. The quality is incredible. I can only dream about it for the moment. I opted to ask for Chanel Notorious instead of any Burberry for my birthday (which can't come soon enough!). Have you looked into Notorious?

      Delete
    3. I am so wearing the cargo blush for my performance. I think it's the perfect colour to counter my red lips. I did look at Notorious, the colour didn't attract me at all so I safely skipped it.

      Delete
    4. Re: Cargo blush
      This makes me so happy! XD

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the beautiful swatches!! Now I need to decide between getting a Tom Ford eye quad first or a Burberry eye quad!!!

    BTW I nominated your blog in this random blog tag: http://zibbieko.wordpress.com/2012/11/27/my-first-blog-award-nomination-the-sunshine-award/

    xx
    Zibbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zibbie for nominating me, I'm am honored. :) you know what, you should get the TF palette first, I think TF is the ultimate. I've been hearing such good things about them.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing these :) I think Pink Taupe appeals to me the most x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Replica, Im strangely attracted to Pale Nude:) too.

      Delete
  6. Dearieee..
    I am thinking to get no 6 or 7 but maybe not now as they are not LE :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe you can take your time, these aren't going anywhere, collect the le items first:)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.