Thursday, October 18, 2012

Shiseido Lacquer Rouge OR 508 Blaze swatches and reviews


I really am into liquid lipsticks and the few I have tried so far have been really wonderful. When I saw that Shiseido was coming out with their own version, I could'nt help wanting to try one.


(Information taken from Shiseido website)

Inspired by Japanese Laquerware, one coat provides intense color and deep luster. This rich liquid lipstick leaves lips as smooth as lacquer. Applicator fits closely against the lips for a comfortable, even application that does not bleed. Lacquer Rouge improves dry, rough or peeling lips with continued use, leaving them smooth and deeply moisturized.
  • Contains Super Hydro-Wrap Vitalizing DE.
There are a total of 8 shades available. 

RD501 Drama (brown red)
RD 702 Savage
RD 203 Portrait
RS 404 Disco (bright pink)
RD 305 Nymph
BE 306 Camel (brown beige)
RD 607 Nocturne (vampy dark red)
OR 508 Blaze (orange)

There are another 4 exclusive Asian shades.

RD309 Carnelian
PK310 Amethyst
RD311 Rubelite
RS312 Sunstone





I saw swatches on  Makeup Stash! and I knew I wanted to try OR 508 or Blaze. They sell for SGD $43 which is a disappointment because it is going for USD $25. I find the mark up extremely high and disappointing because all this time the stuff I buy from Shiseido have not been so highly marked up before.





It comes with a standard doe foot applicator.



It comes off as a sheered orange shade with shimmer instead of the creamy orange I was hoping for. After a few applications it turns slightly metallic in colour.




 I was very disappointed because I have seen really lovely creamy swatches of other colours. Check out Haru's lip swatches of Nocturne and Disco here and Sarah's lip swatches at Faces by Sarah here.


Compared against Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait.



Compared with Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge and Guerlain Rouge G L'Extrait.

As you can see the the other two liquid lipsticks delivered a creamier and more opaque formula. They dry down to a matte whereas the Lacquer Rouge remains glossy.

I feel totally bummed out because I think it is the colour Blaze that did not give the intense colour as promised. The other shades seem to work better. I should have picked Disco instead.

Other than the lack of opacity, the Lacquer Rouge felt moisturising on the lips. It did not dry out my lips. Reapplication was easy and looked fresh. It felt a little tacky on and after food it left a uniformed orange stain. It did transfer though.

I am not pleased with my buy more because of the colour than because of the formula. I bet you will get better results if you picked the other colours. You should also try to buy this online because I feel the mark up is too high.

Ratings: 2 lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Oh that's too bad, the color looked so nice :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup this is one case I wished I chose a nicer colour.

      Delete
  2. This was one of the shades I have on my list, but after swatching, I would prefer a shimmery finish. It flatters your skin tone, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The orange swatch didnt look that appealing, but it looks great on ur lips!! Im usually too lazy to try it on my lips, i buy based on a swatch alone... bad i know... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do that too. The SAs at Shiseido were not that friendly so I swatched and bought. Bad mistake on my part. The MA at Burberry, GA and Chanel are nice, at least they are more willing to apply on me and allow me to try.

      Delete
  4. totally not my color but it looks gorgeous on you! I might have to try it out because lately I've been more into liquid lipsticks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, try the ones from MUFE, they are gorgeous.

      Delete
  5. Ugh too bad! I really wasn't expecting this to be sheer at all! I guess it depends on the shade, and I can see why you're disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny, I have seen the swatches of Disco, another colour from the line up, so I expected it to be a full on creamy colour. I still think this is ore gloss than liquid lipstick.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.