Saturday, October 6, 2012

Shiseido Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover review


(Taken from Shiseido US website)

A gentle dual-phase makeup remover that immediately dissolves waterproof and long-wearing eye makeup and lipstick. 


I had the chance to try out Shiseido's Instant Eye and Lip Makeup Remover when I was given a set of deluxe samples.


I love dual-phase makeup removers. I use plenty of water proof eye products and dual-phase removers generally remove such makeup very efficiently. My currently favourite is by Maybelline.




I'm not really loving this. It does not get rid of my mascara and most importantly my MUFE Aqua Liners well. After leaving a soaked cotton pad on my lids for about 30 seconds and then cleansing my face, I still have mascara and eye liner on my eye lids. Moreover I experience some stinging on a few occasions.

This costs USD $26 and SGD $41 for a 125 ml bottle.

Ratings: 0 lipstick

10 comments:

  1. I love dual-phase makeup removers too! That's too bad about this one though. My current favorite is Neutrogena's Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover. It's cheap and it WORKS! I just tried the Lancome Bi-Facil that everyone raves about, but I thought it was ok--nothing my Neutrogena couldn't do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, I have a few bottles of the Neutrogena version stocked up. I like both the Maybelline and Neutrogena version. I've also used the Lancôme, although it works well it is very expensive considering the drugstore version works just as well.

      Delete
  2. My eye makeup remover is usually below $20. So far my favorite is still Neutrogena. It cleanse very well and it only costs me $10 when it's on sale.
    Thank you for this review btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm I stick to cleansing oils. They are the best to remove waterproof makeup *nod nod*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from Cambridge, Jacq :) When I used waterproof mascaras my favourite was the Maybelline dual phase one, it was really cheap and worked well. But now that I don't use waterproof anymore, I just use the Bifesta/Mandom Cleansing Water.

    Hope you are well! It's been great here so far and the weather has been quite nice for the last week (long may it last). You would love looking at the Boots here, they have some really nice toiletries bags and Boots brand stuff, and it's always nice to look at what you can get elsewhere! I must say I can't be bothered about makeup here too much and my skin looks so much better in temperate countries anyway. Most days the most I wear is concealer and blush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe!!! I am so glad to hear from you, how time flies, I blink my eyes and you are already in Cambridge. How are you settling in my dear? Miss any local food yet?

      Temperate countries keep the oilies at bay right? Good for you, don't forget your moisturiser though, you probably need to use thicker one than in Singapore.

      Delete
  5. Aww this sucks! I wouldn't want a remover that stings my eyes (AND doesn't remove my makeup)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just glad it was a sample, I would have been cheesed off if it was a full bottle.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.