Friday, October 26, 2012

Lancome La Base Pro


(Taken from Lancome US website)

For gorgeous, picture-perfect makeup like a pro, this primer promises a smooth, radiant, canvas for a flawless makeup look. Lancôme’s exclusive Elasto-Smooth™ technology refines skin’s texture and diffuses light to visibly reduce imperfections with a satiny-soft finish. Makeup glides on effortlessly and color stays truer and more vibrant for that right-off-the-runway, air-brushed look that lasts until you take it off. Oil-free.

Technology

  • Elasto-Smooth™ technology forms a silk‑like network on skin to create a soft‑focus effect, like a filter on a camera lens
  • Contains silicons and emollients that create an even canvas for foundation
  • Oil‑free formula feels comfortable on skin and controls shine



My favourite face primer so far is Giorgio Armani's Fluid Master Primer. I discovered it way back in 2009 and have been using it since. I love it because it gives me an immediate matt canvas to work on. My foundation glides on easily and stays on the whole day. I need only a little. Since 2009, I'm only on my second tube.


I received an 8ml sample from a Nordstrom haul eons ago. I finally am getting around to reviewing it I love receiving samples don't you? I get to try out new products and if I don't like them, it is no big loss on my part.


La Base Pro contains silicones just like GA's Fluid Master. I'm lucky that my skin can tolerate silicones and I just love the slippery feel of it.  I need just a little to cover my face and my face is instantly matt. Although I do not have enlarged pores it still matters to me that my nose area has a poreless look. La Base Pro does that, it makes my skin feel smooth and my foundation adheres well to my skin throughout the day. It is also oil-free. I'm alternating this with my GA Fluid Master everyday. I'm trying to make this last as long as I can. Love it!

La Base Pro costs USD $42 or SGD $72 for 0.8 oz or 25g of product. Giorgio Armani Fluid Master costs USD $56 for  1 oz or 30 ml of product. It seems slightly cheaper than my GA.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. I've only recently discovered how essential a face primer is. I'm using one from Laura Mercier. My foundation glides on more smoothly and even helps oil control. So happy to integrate it into my make-up routine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, primers are essential for me, without them, they slide all over my face after a few hours and I become the biggest oil slick ever. I heard good things about the LM primer too. I should try it when I'm done with my current stash.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jacq

      How does this compare with the GA Master Primer (black tube) in terms of oil control?
      Still looking out for one that controls oil and make my makeup stay on till end of day.
      Quite happy w the Paul and Joe primer so far, just want to add abit of variety :)

      Delete
    3. Well to be honest both work equally well on me, I can't tell the difference between the two. Pricing wise in Sg they may not be much of a difference. I haven't tried the Paul and Joe version so I can't compare :(

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.