Sunday, October 28, 2012

Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Rouge 400 Review and swatches

I will start my Giorgio Armani reviews with my favourite item of all, the red lipstick. I can't seem to stop buying red lipsticks. This is one colour that glams up a look very easily. If you like reds you should wear it anytime you like, it should not just be reserved for the night.




The Rouge d'armani comes in a hefty luxurious black metal casing. There is a magnetic thingy and the lipstick closes with a satisfying click. The tube is not a regular looking tube. It is an oval tube.




I am officially in love with the Rouge'd'Armani formula. I had Alan put this on me at the counter. I had a nice Japanese lunch of sashimi and sushi. I had my hot green tea and went for my pole class (yes! I am finally taking up pole classes!) had many cups of water. Although the colour is less pigmented than initial application. It is still a opaque, uniformed red stain. The colour is a satiny finish with a little shine after hours of wear it still retains its satiny texture with less shine. Throughout the day my lips felt soft and moisturised. It is not drying at all. I am so happy with it.

400 is Giorgio Armani's answer to a universal red. It is leans slightly to a blue toned red but still suits my warmer skin tone. One swipe gives you instant opaque colour. This is one colour I don not apply straight from the tube. I like my red lips to be precise.

Taken at home before going out



Allow me to sidetrack a little. DH and myself love jazz music and oldies so I managed to convince him to atch Louis Hoover sing Frank Sinatra songs. He is good, it sounds very much like Frank Sinatra. We went on a Thursday and this is the outfit I wore. At the theater I was so amazed to see men in tuxedos and ladies in beautiful long gowns. So glamorous   Honestly we felt a little out of place and under dressed. W found out that since it was a premier, there was a charity gala held an all the spiffy men and women were there for it. I got to see our ex President Mr. SR Nathan too. So exciting. He is a truly unassuming gentleman. I have all the more respect for him. He arrived with his daughter very quietly and were the first few to be seated in the whole theater  We had a wonderful time observing the chi chi crowd. The ladies were just so done up and beautiful. I know this is silly but my red lips made me feel less out of place. 

The music was just so wonderful, we were singing along and tapping our toes most of the time. Mt favourites were the Lady is A Tramp ( suits my personality!) and Fly Me To The Moon.

Outside Marine Bay Sands



Eyes:
NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
Chanel Sable Emouvant (beige shade)
Urban Decay Naked palette
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Mirique
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream black
Stila Waterproof liquid eye liner
Chanel Stylo Yeux Noir Intense
Ardell 109 lashes

Lips:
Burberry lip liner Brick Red
Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani 400

Base:
Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer
Make Up For Ever HD foundation
Giorgio Armani Microfil loose powder

Cheeks:
Chanel Joues Contraste Rose Petale


I leave you with swatches of my ever growing red lipstick collection.
Left to right: GA Rouge d'Armani 400, Burberry Lip Cover Brick Red, Burberry Lip Mist Rosy Red, Chanel Rouge Allure Passion, Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet La Fascinante, Guerlain Rouge Automatique L'Huere Bleue and MUFE Aqua Lip No. 8


I paid SGD $43 for this lipstick. Personally I feel that it is well worth the price for such a luxe lipstick. I approve!

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

22 comments:

  1. the red looks good on you! x Rena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacqueline, you look SO pretty in these pictures! This red really suits you! Also LOVING your hair and dress! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca, that blue dress is currently a big favorite of mine.

      Delete
  3. Babe, you look good in red lipstick, as usual. I know I told u many times I will venture into red lipsticks soon but still no guts!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby babe, all you need to do is come over and borrow one of mine. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh Jacqueline, I think you have finally cracked me! Now I really really want this one! I was worried it'd look too cool, but I can see it actually adapts somehow to different skin tones! Gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, then I'll be seeing 400 on your blog really soon right? ;) you really need to try this baby out, so creamy and long lasting.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colour, and it looks so good on you! It looks so lovely and creamy on your swatch alone, but even better when you wear it - very glam, and it really brightens your face up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! That is why I love reds and bright lipstick so much, hard to achieve the same effect with nude lipsticks. :)

      Delete
  6. Looking gorgeous as usual Jacq! That red is a standout :)
    It does look quite orange in in the tube though. Does it apply that a little orange or is it purely blue based? I've been debating between this one and Chanel's Pirate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwen I feel that this is a warmer red. I tried Pirate but found it difficult to wear it. It just looked too much on me.

      Delete
  7. You look gorgeous in reds but this might be THE most beautiful red I've ever seen on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate ;) thank you very much. I will be ignoring my other reds for a while.

      Delete
  8. You are absolutely right about how a red lip can totally GLAM up a look. BTW u look really great in the pics with that pretty dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful red!! it makes your look so expensive ;) (which actually it is XD)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Frances, thanks for leaving me a comment. That is why I love red lipstick so much :) Do you have a fav red lipstick too?

      Delete
  10. Babe, how do you like GA lipstick? What do you feel when it's compared to Chanel & Burb?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comparable to Burberry, in fact the texture and formula I dare say is better than Chanel.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.