Monday, October 22, 2012

Chanel Sublimage Eye Essential Regenerating Eye Cream review



(Information taken from Nordstrom website)



The ultimate in anti-aging luxury starts with one unique plant - the Vanilla Planifolia - unearthed in the farthest reaches of Madagascar. A unique process created by CHANEL Research results in the powerful anti-aging of SUBLIMAGE EYE Essential Regenerating Eye Cream, designed specifically for the delicate eye area. Adding to the cream’s core strength: a unique eye complex to diminish the appearance of puffiness and dark circles and help skin quickly achieve a luminous look, revitalized, regenerated, radiant.






I was given a sample of the Sublimage eye cream to try out and I simply loved it. I loved it enough to sink SGD $250 to buy the full bottle.








I only need to scoop a very small amount to use on both my eyes.


As you can see from my photos, I don't really suffer from dark eye circles. I do get lines when I smile and the pigmentation! I have numerous brown spots around my eye area.

This eye cream has a creamy consistency. My skin absorbs the cream really well and it does not leave an oily residue. My under eye area feels plump and smooth. I use this both day and night. 

Sublimage does a good job of keeping my peepers well moisturised but I don't really see my brown spots lightening. It does not erase my fine lines too. That being said, I enjoy applying this on. I'm not sure if it is the fact that I paid $250 for it or because it really is a good cream. It is definitely not a miracle cream.

I am torn. I kinda believe in paying for my skincare. There is however a nagging feeling that sometimes the claims the luxe brands make could be hogwash and the cheaper brands work equally well or even better.

Al I can say is that I really like this eye cream for myself. 

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that's quite a splurge, but if you can afford and are enjoying it I guess that is what matters after all. But I don't think I'd pay $250 for any skincare treatment unless prescribed by my dermatologist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Diane, thanks for leaving me a comment ;) so what is your favourite eye cream?

      Delete
  2. I've tried this eye cream as well but decided not to give it a try because it's so exoensive and doesn't have good reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, I guess in this case I'm glad I did not read the reviews because I'm sure I will not have bought this if I did.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is really expensive! I think for $250 I'd expect more, but then I don't really have severe problems around my eye area yet (touch wood) and I get milia very easily so I'm wary of overly rich eye creams. I'm currently using Clinqiue's moisture surge extra refreshing gel which doesn't give me milia and is very light and refreshing. I got it in a large set when I bought the moisture surge extra moisturiser at duty free awhile back and am quite happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel, I heard of the Clinique cream. Aiyah, I am old already! :) I need to take care of all those fine lines around my eyes. I had a hard time writing this post because it was so hard to justify buying this at that kind of price but bottom line is I like it for now. I am lucky I don't get milia s I can afford to experiment. I tend to favour the richer creams because it works better for me.

      Delete
  4. Great review Jacqueline. I had samples of this as well and tried it out. Unfortunately the cream is too heavy for me. I get little milia (?) when I use it. Glad to hear it's working well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristie, I have been pretty lucky (touch wood) I usually do not get millia. I'm curious, which is your fav eye cream then?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.