Monday, October 8, 2012

Chanel Rouge Allure Luminous Intense Lip Color in 91 Seduisante swatches and review

(Image taken from Chanel website)
(Information taken from Chanel website)

The next generation of ROUGE ALLURE dresses lips with unmistakable attitude. A new formula with concentrated, ultra-thin pigments offers radically intense colour with full coverage and a satin finish. Leaves lips supple and protected with lasting comfort.


When I hear Chanel has come out with a new range of lipsticks,I was all over them. I ran over the my favourite Chanel counter at Ion to check them out.



There are a total of 16 lipstick shades. 

You can see the swatches over at The RAEviewer and Cafe Makeup.

I was hoping to return home with a red and perhaps Enjouee or Extatique. Somehow the bright colours just did not look right on my lips. I am not sure why. I came home with an unlikely shade for myself, Sedusiante.





Sedusiante is a soft cool pink. It is very pigmented and provides a satiny smooth finish. It feels very emollient and glides onto my lips. Thankfully, I never had any problems with Chanel lip products. They don't ever peel my lips or feel drying. This lipstick is not exception.

On my lips, it verges on a cool bubble gum pink I counter this by using my Burberry Lip Liner in Dusty Rose.




I am starting to love lighter colours.

At SGD $44 it is a worthy splurge. There is bound to be a colour you will like. I'm a bit sad that I am not able to wear a red from this line.

The RAEviewer has amazing swatches here.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

17 comments:

  1. i think this is a nice switch away from your usual red :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooooooove it! I will definitely buy it! such a lovely shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour is truly gorgeous on you. Chanel, here I come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I think every girl should have a Chanel lipstick in her arsenal, don't you think ;) so which colour are you interested in?

      Delete
  4. I love this color on you! You look very sweet :) You make me wanna take a look again at this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he aw... Babe you are too kind. You should try it on your lips.

      Delete
  5. It's a beautiful shade on you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful shade on you! I never wear cool pinks--I just don't feel like I'm one of those people with warm undertones that can pull it off like you can. It's definitely lovely though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, I know what you mean, I was kinda unsure about this but was convinced by another blogger Meryl. I think you just have to find the right shade and I believe texture and finish also plays an important part. E.g. I don't think I could pull it off if it was a matte colour.

      Delete
  7. Quite different from your usual lip colour but very very pretty! I think this shade takes years off you! ;)

    Btw, I'd dropped you an email last week. Have you seen it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nonno, oh no! I might have missed it! Could you email me again? I am so sorry.

      Delete
    2. No worries... It might've gone into your spam box... Anyway, I've resent! :)

      Delete
  8. I like this on you! Actually cool pinks could work for us. I tried the cool pink from the Rouge G L'Extrait line, and it works well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny, it is Gourmandise from Guerlain or Paresse?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.