Sunday, September 9, 2012

Tom Ford Beauty Cheek Color Love Lust swatch and review


(Information taken from Sak's Fifth Avenue website)

    Symmetrical, sculpted cheekbones are vital to creating the Tom Ford look. This sumptuous powder blush delivers layers of possibility, from a sexy glow to a more dramatic, color-rich look. Formulated with spherical pearls and rich emollients, it glides onto skin with the comfort of a cream, achieving outstanding luminosity and a velvety transparency.


There are a total of 7 shades. 

Narcissist
Ravish

Karla Sugar has all the swatches except for Narcissist here.
Haru from Rouge Deluxe has swatches of Narcssist here.

I was contemplating getting Flush as my first blush but since I have gotten Peach Boy from Guerlain an orange peach shade I thought I would get something slightly differently but still with peachy tones. 



I am on a mission to own as many luxe blushes as I possibly can. It didn't turn out that way but looking at my two drawers of  blush, I think I am.




I am a sucker for classy and luxe packaging and I must say the Tom Ford blush comes in a sexy hefty dark brown  casing lovingly housed in a soft suede like pouch.







I find Love Lust to be finely milled and soft. It contains fine shimmer and thus gives my cheeks a subtle glow. It may not be suitable for ladies with oily skin and big pores. It is long wearing, it did not fade at all throughout the day.



A Tom Ford Blush costs USD $55 for 8g. A Chanel Joues Contraste cost USD $43 for 4g and a Burberry blush cost USD $42 for 7g. I find the quality of Tom Ford blush to be on par with Chanel and Burberry.

I'm at odds. I love the packaging and really love the shade Love Lust. I'm not sure if it is worth paying USD $55. Then I think about my Suqqu blushes, heck they cost me almost SGD$80 per blush so what am I saying.

I think the shade is dupe-able so get this only if you really want to splurge on yourself. Would I buy another Tom Ford blush? Perhaps. Flush and Wicked look tempting enough. I will wait to swatch them when Tom Ford comes to Singapore.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

19 comments:

  1. This looks similar to my Sleek Rose Gold blush - but I'm sure the quality is far from Tom Ford. Love this color - looks great on u :) I'm aiming to try a blusher from Burberry next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have swatched the Sleek Rose Gold blush before, the Sleek version was more golden and on my oil skin my pores were more visible. You must try a Burberry blush! What colours do you like? Blossom is a great coral pink and if you like more subdued colours Cameo is fantastic too.

      Delete
  2. I like the look of Wicked! Flush looks good too.

    I can't wait to see the blushes (and eye palettes) in person. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Nonno, I hope it will not be too highly marked up considering it is already so expensive in USD.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It is a lovely blush, I've been using it everyday. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. :) When you are better my dear, we can meet up and you can play with it all you like.

      Delete
  5. We get TF here but not yet the blushes! I've been REALLY REALLY curious to just swatch them. This shade is indeed pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, what items do you have there? I am dying to try an eye shadow palette.

      Delete
    2. Hey Jacqueline, we only get lipsticks and nail polishes here. Still waiting for the collection to expand!

      Delete
    3. Sunny, have you tried the lipsticks yet? I am curious about them too.

      Delete
  6. What lipstick r u wearing? Looks so pretty on you! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, thanks for popping by. I believe it was the YSL glossy stain Rose Vinyl.

      Delete
  7. So beautiful! I can't wait to see them here by end of the year! *excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Can't wait for TF to launch here!! *excited

    ReplyDelete
  9. I finally had the chance to swatch the eyeshadow palettes and blushes in person today (albeit hastily)! I like the colours of Love Lust and Wicked, but I think they will accentuate pores and look frosty if not careful. The eyeshadows feel rather dry and swatched patchy on my hands but maybe they apply better on the lids? Have read that the holiday palettes have different formula so it's a pity they won't be available here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nonno, I guess you did not buy anything at TF?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.