Thursday, September 20, 2012

Sigma brushes E80, F82 and F84 reviews




I am ambivalent about Sigma brushes. I bought Sigma brushes last year (you can see my review here) I liked how affordable they are. Their eye shadow brushes actually do a great job. I love my E25 blending brush and  my E30 pencil brush. But I did not like the face brush I bought, namely the Large Angled Contour F40, partially because it shed and it smelled. Up to today it still has a faint funky goat smell.
  
I had a wonderful pal who organised a Sigma spree quite some time back. I have been wanting a brush to use with my cream blushes and another foundation brush to alternate with my favourite Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush. So I jumped at the chance and bought the Synthetic Sigmax Duo which consist of the F82 Round Kabuki and F84 Angled Kabuki for USD $32.  I rather buy the synthetic brushes than their natural ones. The brushes are going to see a lot of washing since they are going to be used with cream and liquid products so I wanted something hardy and something I wouldn't feel "heart pain" if they were damaged. I also picked up the E80 brow and lash brush USD $8 to help me tame my lashes.




(Information taken from the Sigma website)

Unique Feature: Spool-shaped
Function: Separation and taming
Recommended Use: Comb through brows to tame and shape. Also use to pull through lashes for separation and exactness.
Bristle Type: Synthetic






(Information taken from Sigma website)

The Synthetic Sigmax Duo contains two of our best-selling brushes with classic black matte handles. The brushes in this collection feature the exclusive Sigmax filament, which allows for flawless makeup application without absorption into the fibers. The F82 is soft, dense and round for seamless blending of mineral products onto the skin. The F84 is soft, dense and angled for easy buffing of blush or bronzer onto the skin.

Unique Feature: Soft and angled head
Function: Blended cream product application 
Recommended Use: Buff cream blush or bronzer onto the skin. 
Bristle Type: Synthetic Sigmax


I love this brush! It is so soft and dense. It does not shed when I wash it or use it. No smell at all. When I buff my favourite Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint  onto my cheeks and it gives it a sheer glowy finish. Me loves a lot!




(Information taken from Sigma website)

Unique Feature: Dense and rounded head 
Function: Buffed powder foundation application 
Recommended Use: Blend mineral products onto the skin. 
Bristle Type: Synthetic Sigmax

I don't use this with mineral powder instead I use this with my liquid foundations. Again it is very soft and dense. No shedding what so ever. I dab my foundation on my face and buff it into my face. I get a lovely sheer finish without streaks. It does soak up quite a bit of foundation so I do not use the brush t pick up foundation.

I still love my Hakuhodo brushes and I will still recommend their face brushes because they are gorgeously luxurious and soft and very high quality. For Sigma, I recommend their synthetic brushes because they are hardier, affordable and still work their magic.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Great review my dear! I've been really curious about Sigma brushes for a while. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe try the eye shadow and synthetic brushes, they are really good.

      Delete
  2. The round kabuki brush is really good! I am currently using that and satisfied with my purchase :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, this is one of my best buys. The angled top is also fantastic.

      Delete
  3. I love the round-top kabuki - i apply my foundie with the Becca brush and then buff and even it out with the Sigma round-top kabuki :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetie, which foundation are you using now, I'm curious. What does the Becca brush look like? It is paddle shaped?

      Delete
    2. Hello! There's a close-up shot of the Becca brush in this entry - http://cocomotion.onsugar.com/Qwic-Pic-Cleansing-Whizz---Make-Up-Store-Brush-Cleaning-Soap-24015766

      I WAS using the Burberry sheer foundation in #10 till last week - till it suddenly got TOO DARK for me! I don't know what happened but I was pulling my hair out cos I looked toasted and the colour suddenly didn't match my neck and top of my chest. Have switched to Shu Uemura Face Architect now (which was too light when I bought it) - I quite like it. It lasted through a game of badminton and then breakfast. :P

      Delete
    3. Hey Kas, the Becca brush looks awesome.

      Oh dear, so strange. I hate going to the beach one day and finding out all my foundations suddenly looking sightly off. I had a peep at the Burberry velvet foundations on Saturday. I want to test them out but did not have the time. Hopefully during the Burberry workshop I'll get to try.

      Delete
  4. OOO I want these! I've heard so many good things about them, and the price is great! At the moment I use the Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush for everything. I think I need a back-up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, I was a little skeptical about Sigma brushes but the synthetic ones are really good and affordable. Don't get the goat hair ones though, they kinda smell.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.