Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Edward Bess Quad Royale Monte Carlo Swatches and Reviews



This is a long overdue post. I bought the Monte Carlo Quad Royale eons ago when I rode on a makeup buddy's order with Zuneta. I own South of France and Summer in Capri and thought why not complete the collection with Monte Carlo. I paid 35 pounds for it, SGD $70.




(Taken from Zuneta website)

Illuminate your skin and radiate natural beauty with this gorgeous new palette from Edward Bess.



A lovely, creamy powder in shimmery peachy shades that glides on to skin perfectly, this is every girls must have in their make up bag.



Sweep together for allover luminous color. Mix and match to highlight cheeks and dress the eyes too. Complete with travel brush for touch-ups on the go.






Monte Carlo Quad Royale on cheek bones over Guerlain Spicy Coral
I feel that Monte Carlo is the most pigmented of the three quad royales. It can double up as a blush for fair to medium skin tones depending on what portion of the quad you pick up.

Quad Royales are finely milled and though contain shimmer, isn't over the top. It does not emphasize pores. I like applying this over my Guerlain Terracota Sun Shimmer Highlighters to give it a little more oomph.

I like it but haven't been giving it as much love as I should. I'm a bad, neglectful and unfaithful makeup user :(

Ratings: 3++ lipsticks

13 comments:

  1. The peachy-coral glow is fabbbbbb ... and yes, I too am a bad, neglectful makeup user to some extent :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kas, I would find something I haven't used in ages and feel bad about it. I must make sure I rotate my stuff. What is one item you feel bad about neglecting?

      Delete
    2. my chanel blush in Rouge! It's never been used .. along with some Lunasol quads, Dior quints and a whole bunch of stuff ... lets not go there :/

      Delete
    3. Ha ha, best not to think about it. I am going to dig out something old to use today.

      Delete
  2. This compliments your skin tone very well! Sure is a temptation quad. Must tell myself I *may* have something similar among my stash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. I bet you have tons that look similar! ;) don't buy!

      Delete
  3. Haha, monte Carlo is still neatly tucked away in my makeup drawer, brand new and unopened!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When are you going to open ceremony? :) I think I got over my Edward Bess phase already.

      Delete
  4. Edward Bess is a genius! I love his lipsticks (and ordered my 2nd of it) and want a cream foundation too, but it's just too pricey for the amount.
    This is so pretty! Gives a beautiful shine too!^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had the chance to try the lipsticks yet. Which is yr favorite?

      Delete
  5. I haven't tried anything from this brand, but this does look very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thin Edward Bess has great lipsticks and blush from what I heard. But since I only can get it at Zuneta, I have not been picking up any of the other pieces.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.