Saturday, September 22, 2012

Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush in Gentle and Flush Swatches and Review


(Taken from feeluique.com website)

The Cosmopolitan award-winning Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush contain a light synthetic rose fragrance called Timbuktu to make application a nice experience. It contains Vitamin E and Jojoba to enhance application and nourish skin. Daniel Sandler chose synthetic as there's very little chance of an allergic reaction. 



Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush is silicone based, oil free, doesn't clog pores and suits every skin type. The silicone makes it virtually rub-off proof plus waterproof. Lifts all skin types with an instant radiance.


I first read about Danie Sandler Watercolour blushes at Makeup4all and my favourite makeup guru Lisa Eldridge. Daniel Sandler brand of cosmetics isn't very well know to me partially but when I read abut how lovely his Watercolour blushes were, it piqued my interest. What gave me that extra push to order was that I found them at feelunique.com for 14.50 pounds or SGD $29.20 and they offered free delivery to anywhere in the world.

There are a total of 10 colours. I had a hard time scouring the Internet for good swatches. I eventually settled for Gentle and also picked up the Daniel Saddler Water brush for 15.50 pounds.

The box arrived in less than 2 weeks nicely packed, thumbs up to the fast shipping and free delivery.







First of all I have to say the Water Brush is a waste of money. It does help to apply the blush evenly onto my skin but the length made it floppy. The bristles are made of synthetic material and felt somewhat stiff. For the money I spent I could have gotten a softer and cheaper synthetic brush from Sigma.

Ratings: 0.5 lipsticks









Gentle is a peach with hints of brown. It is a watery consistency and blends so well. It gives me a transparent glow which is still visible unlike my Guerlain blush. Great for oily skins who cannot wear heavier cream blush. It lasts all day without fading. I only need a small droplet for both cheeks so this little bottle will last a long time.











I liked it so much that I bought another one called Flush. It is a cool pink colour.



I love the packaging. It is simple and very portable. It is just slightly smaller than the MAC Lustredops. It has a nozzle opening and gives just the right amount. I do need to wipe off the remaining product from the opening. 







I love these Watercolour blushes. They are very affordable and easily available. The product itself is great and the colours gorgeous. I see myself collecting more in the future. I would love to get a warm pink or rose shade.

I leave you with more swatches to drool over. These are from Lipglossiping and Escentual News

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

24 comments:

  1. Looks so awesome!! I think I need to get myself some to play with =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely getting more just that good swatches are so hard to come by, must tikam tikam.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Isn't it Caise? I hope to buy another in either a rose shade or warm pink.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh I need some of these! They look so nice and natural on you! Thanks for the Feelunique tip too. I know shipping costs quite a bit on the brand's website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, sometimes they have discounts as well which makes the buying all the more pleasurable.

      Delete
  4. I like Gentle .. but I personally prefer creme blushes in a pan; with these liquid ones, I can't ever seem to get the right amount out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you mean Kas, it took me a bit of trying out the figure out how much I needed for two cheeks. I finally settled for two droplets. The bottle has a nozzle like opening so the amount coming out is controlled.

      Delete
  5. I like the pink one. I think I have see this in a youtube channel and heard good review about them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really nice Meryl, I will show them to you the next time we meet so you can try the texture.

      Delete
  6. waoh! u make me love and hate! its so hard to get these product. and so nice of you to review them! so good so real, as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Alan, the more things are difficult to get, the more we want right? Honestly these are very affordable blushes and the best part shipped all the way to your house with no extra cost, what is there not to love.

      Delete
  7. I've been interested in these ever since hearing about them from Lisa Eldridge.
    I especially like Gentle. It looks like an ideal everyday shade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been interested in these blushes ever since hearing Lisa Eldridge rave about them.
    I especially like Gentle -- it looks like a wonderful every day colour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out about them through Lisa Eldridge too! I just had to try them out. Gentle is a great peachy colour.

      Delete
  9. hi Jac, I have been dying to buying this, but am so terrified. I am so thankful for the review and alsothanks for letting us know that you bought it from FeelUnique. How is the staying power? My skin is oily so I have been terrified with any liquid/cream blushes x Rena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rena, if you want to try them, I can make a sample for you to try. Email me babe.

      Delete
    2. Hi Jac, I've just got them in Cherub and Icing! Absolutely enjoy using this. Easy and makes my cheeks look naturally rosy! Thanks for the review! x Rena

      Delete
    3. Rena, I am glad you like them. I have been meaning to get more. What does Cherub and Icing look like?

      Delete
    4. Hi Jac,

      Cherub is their bestseller, its a peachy pink, I referred the swatch here
      http://www.lipglossiping.com/2010/05/daniel-sandler-watercolour-blush-swatches/

      Icing is a very pale baby pink that I wouldnt use alone, but will mix it with Cherub to make it pinkier.

      The next blush that I am going to get will be Burberry powder blush!

      x Rena

      Delete
    5. Rena, now I'm so going to get Cherub, so pretty!

      Delete
  10. Loved the swatch! Thank you! :)
    - HannahMarieBeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    Followed you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi dear, may I know if you just used International Standard Delivery with Feelunique? With no tracking number, were you worried about your package? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.