Friday, September 14, 2012

Chanel Perfection Lumiere 40 Beige swatches and review




I have for you today Chanel's latest foundation Perfection Lumiere. I was surviving on the generous sample that my MA has given me. I loved every bit of it. So I went out and bought the full bottle.


So sorry about that smudgy finger print, I was too lazy to retake the picture!


Perfection Lumiere gives me medium to full coverage and it great for oily skins. Once applied, it gives a velvety matte finish. I have been off my birth control pills for about a month now and have to say that the oilies are coming back. Such a bummer! This foundation lasts about 4 hours on me now and I do have to blot during the day.

It is a very lightweight fluid. It blends really well with my Sigma F82 and Shiseido foundation brush. It does not leave my face cakey. (Once Quiling my gorgeous MA from Chanel blended Perfection Lumiere over my Burberry Sheer foundation and it looked perfect.) It does not oxidise on me and is pretty long lasting. It lasted a good 6 hours before it was necessary to blot my nose and forehead. The only thing negative thing I have to say is that it does transfer so be careful when you are rubbing your face against clothes.




I took out a few of my favourite foundations to swatch and compare for you so here goes.




From left to right: Perfect Lumiere in 40 Beige, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B30, Girogio Armani Designer Lift 6, Make Up For Ever HD Dessert #123 and Burberry Sheer Luminous Trench 7.

As you can see 40 Beige is slightly more yellow and darker than the Vitalumiere B30. It definitely provides more coverage than Vitalumiere Aqua and my Burberry foundation.

Wearing Perfection Lumiere
Wearing Perfection Lumiere over Burberry Sheer luminous foundation
This is one foundation you have to check out if you have oily skin. It is a great work day foundation if you want a polished flawless look.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

4 comments:

  1. babe, between perfection lumiere and MUFE HD, which lasts better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will compare and see, I have been neglecting the MUFE HD in favour of this lately.

      Delete
  2. Sadness ... the deepest shade of 50 is a touch too light/pink for me :( ... but happiness is in order because I saw that the UD Naked Foundation range is pretty extensive here! I'm either an 8.0 or 9.0 in that - they gave me samples of both to try! Have you checked it out yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kas I was just commenting to a friend how annoyed I am that the big high end companies neglect to bring the deeper shades for their foundations to Singapore. I know Chanel has more shades available but they only choose to bring up to B50 here. They should know by now Singaprean ladies come is all shades. I'm glad you found a good match with UD, I haven't tried it yet do you like it? How's the oil control? If it controls oil well, I'll be all over it.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.