Sunday, September 30, 2012

Burberry Sheer Eye Shadows Dark Sable No. 23 and Mulberry No. 24 Reviews and Swatches


I am always happy to hear that there are new Burberry shadows out. They have the loveliest textures ever. Buttery, long lasting and pigmented. I have for you Mulberry ad Dark Sable from the Fall 2012 collection. 



Mulberry is easily the most exciting eye shadow out of the line up. It is a dark plummy brown.



The silly plastic inset nicked my pan. Boo!

Mulberry
Although Dark Sable is not exciting to look at, it is the nicest dark brown matte shade. It blends so beautifully. Don't give this a miss.




Dark Sable


Left to right: Dark Sable and Mulberry
Although pricey at SGD $46 each. I feel pampered by the gorgeous formula and texture. Burberry may not have exciting shades but I find the shades very wearable.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

Now for some comparison pics.


Left to right: Mulberry, Midnight Brown and dark brown from Chanel Sable Emouvant duo

Dark Sable, Inglot Matt 327 and dark brown from Inglot 112R

12 comments:

  1. I still haven't got round to getting these yet, Mulberry really does look like something special. What a shame that the plastic nicked the pan,I hate that when it happens,grrrr ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Replica, Mulberry is indeed a stand out shade. You know what I did with the inset, I threw it away. Grr...

      Delete
  2. Mulberry looks exquisite! Definitely a staple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh doh, of course I NEED Mulberry now!!! I really like the amount of depth Burberry manages to put in seemingly plain shades!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You describe the Burberry eye shadows exactly. It is such a lovely colour Sunny, you have to test it out.

      Delete
  4. Does Mulberry lean more cool or warm on your skin? I always fear that plum shadows will make me look like I have a black eye, but the color is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chris! Mulberry leans warm on my skin tone. Maybe you could go to a counter and get them to try on you. I will try to take photos of Mulberry on my lids as soon as I can.

      Delete
  5. Mulberry is gorgeous! It makes such a sweet combination with Rosewood. I did initially worry that it would show up too red on me (NC20) but it doesn't! Its a beautiful soft purple-brown. Its currently (lol until a new one comes out) my favourite out of all the Burberry eyeshadows I have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I know what you mean, the two shadows are currently what I use often but if I buy something else they will be neglected.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.