Sunday, September 30, 2012

Burberry Autumn Luxe 2012 Workshop






I was positively delighted to have attended the Burberry Autumn Luxe workshop yesterday with dear blogger friend Ruby from Miaka's Life and Loves. We had a blast! The workshop introduced the Autumn collection and also showed us how we could contour and highlight our face.


That is Ruby and me without makeup. I am determined to bring home the Velvet Foundation so I wanted to try it to see how it wears. The workshop was an intimate affair with only 5 participants. 

My work area
Bird's eye view of the "toys" we got to play with
The new Velvet Foundation

Ruby getting a free express manicure

Mindy the MA at Burberry proceeded to show us how to contour and highlight. The sweetie pie model has perfect skin! I love the natural understated look on her.






After the demonstration, we eagerly started trying out the new products on ourselves.




Left to right: No.201, 203, 205 and 208.
There are altogether 8 shades available. In our excitement to swatch, I missed out on a few other shades, sorry!

One thing to note though, the shades don't necessarily get darker by the number. I was eventually matched with 204 which was warmer whereas Ruby who is paler than I was, was matched with 205 which has a pink undertone. You need to get matched physically or you might get the wrong shade.


I find Mocha Glow Lip Cover very intimidating. I don't think it is for everyone.

Left to right: Sepia Pink and Mocha Glow Lip Covers
Mocha Glow layered over Sepia Pink

Mindy the marvelous MA
Ruby and myself with out new foundations!
iPhone shot!
I was determined to bring home the Velvet foundation with me I also bought Sepia Pink and a Light Glow in Earthy. Haul pictures coming up soon!

Finally a shout out to dear Meg, whom I met at the workshop. Hi sweetie! I wish I could stay longer to talk but I had to rush off for my pole class. I hope to see you around. :)

14 comments:

  1. We had a good time!!!! I promise u to start using my stuffs and stop being a hoarder, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes babe, must tell me which item you "opened ceremony". Start using babe!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear your thoughts about the foundation!! Looks like an enjoyable workshop!! Next time there's one happening, let me know too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both Ruby and myself really like it the first time we wore it but only time will tell. I will give it some time to test before posting. :) Oh yes, I will.

      Delete
  3. Hi !
    It looks that you had a wonderful time. :) What are the two blushes that you had on the table ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mirella!:) We did! They could be Earthy and Tangerine.

      Delete
  4. Hi Jacq,
    both of you look so nice in blue :) Looks like it's a very enjoyable event. Sepia pink looks very nice! I wonder what will Burberry launch for the holiday season LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meryl, I know there will be lip velvets. Check these out.

      http://messywands.blogspot.sg/2012/09/sneak-peek-burberry-lip-velvet-long.html

      And palettes for eyes.

      http://prettyaddictedblog.blogspot.sg/2012/07/burberry-beauty-fall-2012-palette.html

      Delete
  5. My Burberry foundie is suddenly too dark for me; I need to get rematched! Am using Shu Uemura Face Architect now (which Im super impressed with too). Any thoughts on the new Burberry one? (I know, I'm impatient :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kas, tell me more about the face architect! Anyway Kas, if you have the Fresh Glow, you can try mixing both up. It might lighten up the foundation for you.

      Delete
    2. Will review Face Architect in a while - for now, I can say that 1-1.5 pumps is more than enough for whole face blended to neck; great texture - fluid but not runny; LASTS THROUGH AN HOUR OF BADMINTON. I'm using 734 Rich Beige IIRC

      Delete
  6. I absolutely LOVE Burberry beauty and now I think I have to have sepia pink. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris, what are you favourite items? Mine has t be the shadows and lipsticks. I wasn't going to pick up Sepia Pink but after trying it out, I was sold.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.