Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bare Minerals Ready Eye shadow 2.0 The Paradise Found swatches and review and face of the day


I wandered into a Sephora store one Monday night just to kill time. I found the Bare Minerals pressed eye shadows and started swatching like crazy. I have heard so many good things about these eye shadows that I wanted to try one or two. In the end I ended up bring home two of the duos.

I was not excited by the quad colours so instead I turned to the duos which I thought were more pretty. 

There are a total of 12 duo eye shadow palettes.

The Escape - nude crème/ brown suede
The Top Shelf - champagne sheen/ gilded bronze
The Epiphany - brown sugar/ brown truffle
The Promise - buttercream sheen/ brownstone
The Perfect Storm - snow white/ warm slate
The Honeymoon Phase - baby pink/ glimmering gunmetal
The Inspiration - pink frost/ glimmering plum
The Showstopper - periwinkle/ jeweled lavender
The Scenic Route - golden snowflake/ brilliant sage
The Paradise Found - sunlit melon/ deep forest
The Grand Finale - brilliant gold/ deep royal blue
The Phenomenon - azure iris/ golden iris


Here I have The Paradise Found for review.



(Taken from Sephora website)

What it is:

An eye shadow duo of pure, intense color with antiaging benefits. 



What it does:

BareMinerals READY™ Eyeshadow provides exceptionally vivid, long-wearing complementary colors in an ultra-smooth, silky texture for effortless application and seamless blendability. Powered by bareMinerals' proprietary SeaNutritive Mineral™ Complex along with powerful antioxidants, cold-pressed borage oil, caffeine and cucumber, these ingredients are known to deliver antiaging benefits including depuffing and antioxidant protection for a softer, smoother, revitalized eye area. It looks like a powder, but feels like a cream and delivers a beautifully vivid color.


Can I just say I hate the rubberized casing, it gets dirty easily and it is so difficult to clean them when they get dirty.





Nirvana is a shimmery melon shade whereas Utopia is a matte forest shade.






I am impressed with the pigmentation of Nirvana but unfortunately Utopia is less than stellar. It is less pigmented than Nirvana and somewhat chalky. However when I wear these, I do not experience any fall out.

Nirvana on lids


Utopia on the outer corner of the eyes
Completed look with eyeliner and lashes

These palettes sell for USD $20, at Sephora Singapore I paid SGD $39. I am not liking the hefty price mark up one bit. I definitely suggest you order this online.



I find this to be a value for money eye shadow duo. Although the quality may not be as fine as the high end brands (I am such a snob!) but overall it still gives good colour payoff. Over my NARS primer, it lasted the whole day.



I have swatched and tried The Scenic Route which I will post later and thankfully Utopia is the only shadow that has sub par quality.



I just wished that they used the usual black shiny plastic casing instead. I would have been a lot happier.


Ratings: 3+ lipsticks (just because I hate the packaging)

And onto my face of the day.



Eyes:
NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
Bare Minerals Ready Eye Shadow 2.0 The Paradise Found
Chanel Eye Shadow duo Sable Emouvant
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream No. 27 Matte Black
Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadow 28E
Lorac Front of the Line Pro eyeliner
Ardell 108 lashes 
DUP lash glue

Face:
Enavose Invisible Sunbrella UV Mist SPF 45
Burberry Sheer Glow
Burberry Sheer Foundation Trench No.07
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder



Cheeks:
Guerlain Terracota Blush Sun Shimmer Highlighter Spicy Coral
Le Metier de Beaute Creme Blush Kaleidoscope
Dior bronzer Zenith




Lips:
Lancome lip pencil Inspire
Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Sari D'eau




Thanks for looking!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Drama Makeup, I just wish I could make the colours show up better on camera!

      Delete
  2. The colors are soooo pretty!! I think i can forgive the packaging. ;p (Esp Nirvana!! I want!!)
    And that lip color looks just so nice against ur tanned skin. *Envy*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy go swatch them at Sephora, some of the duos and quads have great pigmentation. Sometimes I think I might be too tanned ;) but I can't resist going to the beach.

      Delete
  3. Your eye makeup is sooo pretty!!!! Love the way you did your eye liner!!! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rainy Days, I love using liquid eye liners, the liner is so precise.

      Delete
  4. I have The Scenic Route too--don't you just love it?! They're SO pigmented and actually last quite a while on my super oily lids--even without a primer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a pretty duo and although Utopia isn't the best it works well with Nirvana.

      Delete
  5. Ugh it's a pity that Utopia isn't very pigmented! I've always wanted to try one of their duos, so I will wait patiently for you to review The Scenic Route!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Scenic Route is gorgeous in pigmentation. You will love it, I think for these duos it is better to stay away from the mattes.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.