Friday, September 7, 2012

Bare Minerals Ready Eye shadow 2.0 The Scenic Route swatches and review


Today I have for you Bare Minerals Ready Eye Shadow 2.0 in The Scenic Route. I am not going to talk about the packaging anymore, if you want to know what are my thoughts about it, you can read my review of my first duo called The Paradise Found here.




Between the two duos that I bought, I love the pigmentation and quality of The Scenic Route best. Both colours are well pigmented and smooth. A single swipe shows up clear on my eye lids.




I did an eye look with them. The pictures were taken 6 hours after.




Left to right: Breathtaking, Spectacular, Nirvana and Euthopia
I was at Sephora swatching all the eye shadow duos recently to look at the eye shadows again, I found that most of the matte shades lacked in strong pigmentation when compared with their shimmery counterparts.

I'm particularly smitten by The Grand Finale which is a gold and royal blue duo. The pigmentation on that one is fantastic. Check out Temptalia's  and post about it here.

I find that the Bare Minerals Ready Eye shadows 2.0 to vary in quality Make sure you go for the shimmery ones and stay away from the mattes. They lack pigmentation. The shade range goes from neutrals to stronger and brighter colors. There is bound to be a duo just suited for you.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks (Quality is better than The Paradise Found)

10 comments:

  1. YumYum! I want to try the quad. I took a peek in BeautyBay and it's cheaper than Sephora Sg and I am pretty interested to get it but maybe not within this short period of time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, we have to plan our purchases carefully. I have a few things I'm interested in too, but I'll get the more important items first. I'm trying to cut down the impulse buying but as you have seen first hand it's not really working. ;)

      Delete
  2. I adore the eye look you created with this, it is so pretty! I am going to pick up some of the new shadow range but the quad instead, and the new September Issue 8 colour palette- that is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emma thanks :) I saw the 8 colour palette too, it looks awesome. I hope each colour will have great pigmentation.

      Delete
  3. That looks lovely on you :)I really like this one too though I find it a tad too shimmery on me (I had to get it after you mentioned it). I agree with you able the vary in quality, there was a more matte duo that looked really nice but swatched dryer and with hardly any pigment x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Replica. Nothing is ever too shimmery for me :) I bet it still looks great on you too.

      Delete
  4. OOO this one is pretty! Love the green shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sunny I love the green shade best too.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.