Thursday, August 16, 2012

So You Think You Can Groove 2012


I mentioned here I was taking part in an in-house dance competition organised by my dance school. So here are some of my highlights of the event.

These are the whole bunch of stuff I brought with me for my competition. 


We had to be at the venue at 1 p.m. even though the event started at 6.30 p.m. I did not want to have to worry about putting on my base makeup and fake lashes in sub par lighting so I applied my base makeup, some eye makeup and fake lashes. I was worried that I would be rushed and too anxious to put on makeup properly. 

I totally loved the Make Up For Ever stuff I brought, they were handy and lasted well under extreme circumstances. Because all eye liners smudge on me, I waited to it was before the event to line my eyes. 

Looks like I'm not wearing makeup but I am!
This was the look I was going to do
 

I did not take many pictures because of the bad lighting. This was the stage as the guys were setting it up. Sitting around waiting for your time to rehearse is boring and nerve wrecking. Our rehearsals were shaky and I forgot some of my steps.

By 6 p..m the place was slowly filling up, from our holding area I get a bird's eye view of everything. 


Here are some shots taken by the professional cameraman. Even though we were all nervy, we had time to cam whore.


My wonderful group mates!


Just before our performance we all put on Make Up For Ever's Aqua Rouge No 8 or No. 9. I used a mixture of both for a custom made colour. I am going to call it Lady Marmalade after our song.

Cam whoring with red lipstick on!
 Our performance!




You can watch the dance here. I am so embarrassed by the video still, so unsightly.




Just in case you were interested, we were first runner's up. (Heh heh!)



I wanted to leave you with more pictures of other amazing performers. I take my hats to these ladies because pole dancing and aerial hoop are really tough. A big bravo to all the ladies who put in so much work.

Solo pole performer
Aerial silk and hoop group
Aerial hoop group
My sexy instructors doing an instructor's choreography combining burlesque, pole and silk
Anyway dancing is a big passion of mine, in a whole week of blahs I come alive on Saturdays because that's the day I go for dance classes. It makes me, ME.



I hope you enjoyed this post.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats for the prize! ^.^
    Synchronisation is to be improved but you girls were great!!! (and brave hehe) =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sweetie, thank you! I know what you mean, we were struggling to find the time to meet up to practice.

      Delete
  2. congratulations!
    I enjoyed watching this video:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I don't think I've congratulated you, have I? :p Well... CONGRATS! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome!! I can really see that you enjoy dancing and tts the most important =)
    Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! It was really nice reading it, especially for that last line, where you say that it makes you who you are - I can totally understand that. I love that pic of you with the caption camwhoring w red lipstick - you look very nice in that shot. I've yet to use my MUFE Aqua Rouges but I'm going to soon, seeing how much you love them. I also must check out the GA primer - I'm oily skinned and so far, the smashbox primer is the only one that can deal with the dewiness of the Burberry foundation.
    PS: Thank you for adding me to your blogroll! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kas we share another passion in common, makeup. Wearing makeup also makes me ME. :) Can you handle silicones dear because the GA primer has it but my gosh it makes the face so smooth. I can't wait to try the new Burberry foundation, how about you? Try the Aqua Rouges, they are fantastic my dear, the deep raspberry shade looks very suitable for you and by the way you are welcome. :)

      Delete
    2. I have too much makeup. LOL ... if I get married, I better confess to the chap that this is what he is going to be dealing with! :P I'm ok with silicones but I don't like them too much because I feel the slip sometimes make everything feel too ... slick? I have to check it out! Yep, im looking forward to the new Burberry shade - haven't stopped using the Sheer one since I tried it. I've yet to open the new Aqua Rouge - got distracted by the Lancome creme de mat - and I want the new Shiseido lacquers! the list never ends! :(

      Delete
    3. Kas I personally like silicones because they make my pores disappear. I'm bad, sometimes after a huge makeup spree I dump all my buys in the closet and only take them out to take pictures when DH is not around. Not hat he minds so much, e just doesn't want me to be excessive but I do get embarrassed. Now the online buys I cannot hide, the huge boxes give me away :)
      I'm in love with my Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation sample. My MA layered it over my Burberry foundation and it finish was flawless and matte.
      I bought the Shiseido Lacquer in Blaze but honestly I it isn't as opaque at one swipe as I hope it would be. I am a little underwhelmed. The MUFE Aqua Rouges are so much better, it is a pity they did not have more shades. Try mixing them, I am having lots of fun coming up with customised shades.

      Delete
  6. Hey dear! Finally I can watch the whole dance. It's very important to become who we are and enjoy what we are doing. I salute you for your time balance between work, family and your own hobby :) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Meryl for your encouragement. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.