Friday, August 31, 2012

Guerlain Rose Aux Joues Duo Blush Peach Boy Swatches and Reviews


Today I have for you the Guerlain Rose Aux Joues Duo Blush in Peach Boy. I am not sure if you have seen the promotion picture for this, you can find it at Temptalia's. For me the whole kaleidoscope of blush colours are so pretty and inviting. Blush is one of my main weaknesses, I can't get enough of them so this was something I had to try.



The Rose Aux Joues Duo Blush comes in the same luxe gold casing as that of the Les Fauves eye shadow palette.


The blush brush given is so so. It is soft enough to use on my face without being scratchy.





The shade on the top of the palette is a matte peachy orange shade whereas the other s a shimmery gold peach shade. I must be pampered by my Chanel and Burberry because as much as I like the colours I am not in love with it. I find the blushes to be a tad harder in texture and not as finely milled as compared to my favourite blushes.







I love the luxe casing but I wish the blush powder was more finely milled. At SGD $70, the quality should match or even surpass Chanel or Burberry. I was hoping to be completely wowed by this.

The colour selection is pretty though and Peach Boy suits for my warm skin tone perfectly. I also like that I am able to mix and match both shades. It is a nice to have blush not a must have. I don't think I'll be getting any more.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Hallelujah that my pocket is saved........I was thinking whether to get it or not

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty but I still prefer my Chanel ad Burberry.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I haven't swatched these yet but I do agree that the Chanel and Burberry blushes are super soft - I can't decide what Burberry shade I want after swatching and swatching 500 times :P but chanel is love. I got my Mom Chanel Reflex as a Mother's Day gift and she raved about it to me for MONTHS. I like the shades of the Guerlain one you chose though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even when I buy other brands, I still go back to my Chanel and Burberry which I favour more than others. Kas have you tried Tangerine from Burberry? So pretty! I have a weakness for coral peach shades what can I say.

      Delete
  3. Lovely color! I think the shimmer looks very nice, not too much :)
    I might get this in the next 2 weeks in DFS if I could find it there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a pretty duo but a shame about the texture, mind you some of their single eye shadows have quite a hard texture as well, like they are packed in too tightly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Replica, I was so ready to get more. I had my eye on Pink Punk. Since they aren't as soft money saved. I want to check out the singles because some ladies have said they are great, do you own any?

      Delete
    2. I've had some of the singles, I would say that the texture feels a bit dry to the touch (though they do look smooth on) and some don't blend as nicely as I would like, a bit hit and miss and worth testing in person if you can x

      Delete
    3. Thanks Replica! Did you have any favourites?

      Delete
    4. I'd say L’Instant d’Un Reve and L’Instant d’Une Emotion but more for the colour as the shades didn't blend quite as well as my favourite brands.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.