Sunday, August 19, 2012

Guerlain Fall Colour Collection 2012 Rouge d'Enfer and Rose Angelique and sneak peek at Givenchy Acoustic Colours Fall Collection

Image taken from Nordstrom website
I am such a blush whore. When I saw the promotion picures of the new Guerlain blush duos I literally drooled. When I saw pictures that Joey from Joey's Space took of her haul, I knew I had to check it out in person. 

Anyway they are out in Sephora Ion now. Check it out.


I am particularly attracted by the Les Fauves eye shadow quad. I have to tried Guerlain shadows before but when I swatched them in store, they felt gorgeously soft and pigmented. The colours are very warm and I love the coral shade. Please see Cafe Makeup for a better look of the palette.

See the big silver bullet looking tube. That's the new Rouge G l'Extrait' Lip Colour. There are a total of 7 colours. I have 4 swatched for you. Please pardon the store lighting though.

From left to right: Luxure M27, Envie M41, Gourmandise M71 and Paresse M65

Finally the main event, the beautiful blush duos Rose Aux Joues. They feel soft and finely milled. 

The Rose Aux Joues comes in two pans of colour. The main pan consists of a matte pigmented colour. For Chic Pink, Over Rose and Golden High has smaller pans of a highlighting shade. Pink Punk had a bronzer shade whereas Peach Boy had a shimmery shade that can be layered over the peach. I'm not so sure about Red Hot though.

I took the opportunity to quickly snap some pictures of the Givenchy fall collection called Acoustic Colours while I was wandering around Sephora.


I think the star of the collection is the eye shadow quad. You see the black sparkly box on the top right hand of the picture, I suspect that is the packaging. Very pretty!


The colours are super glittery but so pretty. This quad would look so nice for a glam night out don't you think? I totally love the plummy shade but I am worried about fall out. It took me a while to walk away from the displays.


So what did I go home with? :)


Thanks for looking!

16 comments:

  1. oh I love this 'over rose' blush! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise, I'm leaning towards Pink Punk myself. I'll see how much I like my Peach Boy first.

      Delete
    2. let me know! because it is soooo pretty:)

      Delete
  2. You made me want to run to the closest Sephora :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I feel like running away from Sephora in case I spend more money inside :)

      Delete
  3. I got the eye shadow palette and Beach Boy for Guerlain F/W 2012 collection. Loving it. Very easy to wear and they are flattering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coco, you too :) I have not had a chance to use it yet, I must take pictures of it in its pristine state before I use it.

      Delete
  4. Ooh I like the lip color, they look so vibrant, I like the orange and hot pink! I love the blushes too, especially Peach Boy. Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fiona Star, I had a hard time just choosing one of the lip colours.

      Delete
  5. As what I've mentioned on WhatsApp - please join me on my self-indulgent shopping trip next Saturday! I can't wait to pick up Les Fauves and one of the blush duos too! I have a feeling that they'll go OOS soon, so I may try to swing by Orchard today :D I want Peach Boy and one of the lighter duos! Great haul Jacq~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great swatches! I just got Paresse and I love it so much! and I'm sooooo excited--I had to order in the Les Fauves palette bc my counter was sold out, but I should get it in a day or two. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, I swatched the Les Fauve palette at home just today, so pigmented and soft I can't wait to wear it tomorrow. I was seriously thinking of getting Paresse, I need to try out my Gourmandise and see whether I like the formula or not. You must be so excited about getting your palette.

      Delete
  7. Gaaah I can't believe you got so much nice stuff! Can't wait for you to review everything! There is probably a Guerlain blush or two that I'm interested in, but I already know I WILL get one of the Rouge G's (Grace)! Can't wait for you to swatch/review them all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blush shades are so pretty, I have my eye on Pink Punk too, it looks like a warm pink. I can't wait to put them through their paces too, I just wish next weekend would come soon so I can take my time to photograph everything properly.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.