Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs Les Fauves Swatches and Reviews


This was my lastest Sephora haul. I heard news of the arrival of the Guerlain fall collection. I first saw swatches of Les Fauves on Cafe Makeup I knew I had to go swatch it for myself. The pearly coral/orange tinted browns just got to me.

My haul plus samples
Anyway I have for you the Ecrin 4 Couleurs in Les Fauves.





This is my first Guerlian eye shadow palette. I have been wanting one but I have not found any palettes that caught my eyes visually. Let's just say that it was love at first swatch and the rest as we say is history.



The eye shadow palette is house in the hefty finger print magnet metal casing. I love the weight of this. It feels so luxurious. I don't care that it attracts fingerprints, it is shiny and that is all that matters.



The mirror can be pushed all the way down, in case you were curious. I was in my rattiest t-shirt so to protect your eyes from seeing a totally unkempt blogger I used my pillowcase to protect your eyes and my modesty.


It comes with a sponge applicator. I used to hate these sponge applicators but if I wanted really intense colour these guys do the job very well. I love the addition of the sharp almost triangular sponge tip, I can line my eyes with the quite easily.





Oops I realised I did not swatch these in order. From the left side of my arm swatch, I have the matte orange colour found in the middle bottom of the palette. The 2nd colour is a orangy brown shade found on top of the palette. 3rd shade is the one on the right side of the palette and the 4th is the shade on the left.

They are gorgeously smooth, buttery and pigmented. Me loves!

This is a very warm palette, it may not be suitable for some but I love this to bits. Here is how I wear it.

The lightest shade (right of the palette) on the inner corner

Second lightest shade (top) on the outer corner working it in and blending upwards over crease

Darkest shade (left) on the outer corner
Brightest shade (bottom) using a blending brush place and blend above the crease near outer corner and apply brow highlighter shade
This look can look like you have been punched if you do not anchor it with dark eye liner. I think you can get away with dark brown but I love my black eye liner.

Line eyes
Apply mascara

Eyes:
NARS Smudgeproof eye shadow base
Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs Les Fauves
Burberry Sheer Eyeshadow Porcelain
Chanel Stylo Yeux Noir Intense
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Black
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill waterproof mascara



Base:
Giorgio Armani UV Master Primer
Chanel Perfection Lumiere B40
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder 

Cheeks:
Guerlain Rose Aux Joues Blush Duo Peach Boy (Review and swatches coming up)



Can you believe my DH actually said ew... before I went out? He did not like it. I guess men prefer the"normal and safe" colours. After a few seconds of self doubt and insecurity I said what the heck who cares and wore it out. I liked the look and no one is going to make me change it. 


Lips:
Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip 2C
Burberry Lip Mist Pink Heather

The Ecrin 4 Couleurs sell for SGD $83. It is right up there with the rest of the high end brands. For me I think it is worth the price mostly because of the quality of the eye shadows and the interesting colours itself and finally the lovely hefty shiny packaging. The colours are not for everyone so best if you get the MA there to try it on you before you buy.

Ratings: 5+ lipsticks

27 comments:

  1. Whoaaa I wasn't interested in this one till I saw it on you! Now I'm so tempted!!! Guys could be a bit of a pain though. I think they dislike anything they're not used to seeing on you, so you should have your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny you said it. Sometimes after I spent a lot of effort doing a smokey eye, I'll ask DH how do my eyes look. Guess what is his answer? They look like eyes. (Sheesh) I stopped asking him. Sunny, I think this palette will look great on you

      Delete
    2. Your DH sounds like my fiancé! XD
      Like Sunny, I wouldn't have looked twice at this palette before seeing your FOTD. You look fabulous. I've always been wary of pinks, but you're making me second guess myself. I think I'll have to pull my Inglot 407P out of my "to swap" pile.
      Ps fiancé and I haven't opened the package yet. Our BFF is leaving town soon. You'll probably hear me shrieking with excitement from all the way around the globe when we do :)

      Delete
    3. Boo Boo, I did a Google search the 407P is such a pretty colour. Try using it in the inner corner of you eyes or above your crease. Don't swap it yet! I hope my package meets up to your expectations dear, it is nothing much but I really hope you like what I put inside. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks good on you! I probably can't carry it off since I don't wear eyeliner usually.. Will totally end up looking punched =S

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hauled big time! The eyeshadow does not catch my attention because it's too pinky for my liking. I like the blush look on you, very pretty and natural :) and the lippies, I love it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meryl, this was my stressed out haul, it will probably cause me more stress when I see the bill but right now I don't care.

      Delete
  4. Jacq, i actually like you with nude lips leh. look very sexy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miaka I looked very dead with nude lips leh. I had to resist slapping on a bright orange lipstick.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Drama Makeup! I am loving this a lot!

      Delete
  6. Hi Hi, its almost therapeutic to read your blog after a long day. at least someone is doing the hauling ... he he

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hi, its almost therapeutic to read your blog after a long day. at least someone is doing the hauling ... he he

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Floring, thanks for popping by. That is why I love to read other people's haul post too. :) But nothing beats having to hold and playing with stuff you bought.

      Delete
  8. I love rose gold shades - and this palette is so pretty. But sometimes these make my eyes look a little puffy so I go heavier on the black liner in my case. But love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kas, it happens to me too, I'll try it with a heavier liner, thanks for the tip.

      Delete
  9. Lovely! The warm shades look good on you, ignore your DH! Men sometimes have no taste! The palette looks like excellent quality, the swatches are so smooth and the shimmer is so elegant. I used to hate sponge tip applicators as well but they can be very useful for packing on the shadow, especially if your eyeshadow base is a bit tacky - the shadow seems to stick better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, I totally agree with you, men have no taste at all. This palette is really very qood, I wonder if all the Guerlain palettes are that good.

      Delete
    2. I neeeed to chip in - the singles are awesome and I love my Les Aquas palette to death :P its an aqua blue grey silver combi and EVERYTIME I use it, at least one person will ask me what it is.

      Delete
    3. The packaging of the singles is lovely too! There are some very nice neutral and taupe shades that I recall seeing. I find Guerlain's packaging very elegant and classic without being too ostentatious. Kas, that palette sounds beautiful!

      Delete
    4. Oh my, Kas and Rachel do you own any Burberry shadows, how do they compare? I guess I should head down to the counter and swatch them. Stop tempting me leh ladies.

      Delete
  10. I wanted to get this palette + Peach Boy but felt the colors aren't unique enough. And they failed to impress in person. I'm so not in that exciting zone to buy makeup lately, it's a good thing lol

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.