Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Guerlain by Emilio Pucci Summer 2012 Terra Azzurra swatches and review



The Terra Azzurra Bronzing Powder and Blush was the only thing that I had to have from the Guerlain summer collection. As much as I love how the meteorites looked, I don't think I would use it often. This sells for USD $75 and at the counters in Singapore it is going for a whopping SD$126.


I am not well versed with Emilio Pucci's work but I love how bright the blue print is, very summery. I love that the pint is also in the inside the box although I must confess I will eventually throw the box away. 



The cute little pouch my Terra Azzurra comes with is made of a satiny material.


I love love the wooden packaging although I have to warn you to be careful opening it. I nicked my pan on the second day of use while I was struggling to open it. I also found it a little hard to close because I have to align the magnetic buttons. I also understand now why it comes with a pouch. Just in case the top comes apart.









As you can see from the swatches, they are on the sheerer side.  It does show up on my skin tone as a natural looking blush with peach pink tones. Best of all, it lasts the whole day. The texture of the blush is finely milled and satiny rather than a plain old matte. This powder has a strong distinct floral scent which I can't really describe so if you have a sensitive nose, you might want to avoid it.


Here I use the brown beige shade as a bronzer under my cheekbones and the white, pink and peach stripes as a blush.

This is a handsome piece of makeup with a wonderfully luxurious packaging. The colour is suitable for fair to medium skin tones and the basically the quality of this blush bronzer is excellent. I don't suggest you get this at the counters, rather order online, it will be more worthwhile.

Ratings: 4+ lipsticks

14 comments:

  1. I got this at the airport (had to seriously resist the beautiful meteorites too) I love that it's a duo that can be used separately or mixed and there is so much product!! only problem is that the packaging is so amazing I'm afraid that I drop it/ruin it so I don't use it as often since i'm normally rushing. sounds stupid but it's true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon than save it for times when you have a bit more time to play with, I nicked mine while I was in a rush.

      Delete
  2. This one is gorgeous on you! For some reason, when this bronzer first came out I thought it was pretty, but I didn't really want it like I wanted other bronzers that were being released, so I passed. Now I'm regretting that--this looks SO beautiful on you! And I have a similar coloring, so I'm imagining that if it's half as pretty on me as it is on you, then I will be stunning in this! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe you will look stunning with it, anyway there will always be newer and prettier bronzers coming out perhaps next summer so no great loss. ;)

      Delete
  3. Looks awesome on you! I bought the Meteorites from DFS cuz I'm such a sucker for them, but thankfully I managed to walk away from bronzers.. phew..
    Where do you order from online? The local counters' markups are crazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usully order from Nordstrom (free US shipping!) and recently for this haul from Sak's. Thankfully I'm not crazy over meteorites all else that would have been on the list too.

      Delete
  4. Sigh... This is one gorgeous piece of beauty, isn't it? I love it so much and use it so often the wordings are starting to disappear! *ouch*
    Btw, when closing, try putting the lid on then give it a twist till you hear a click sound. That's how I've been closing mine with no accident. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nonno, gear that you are using it, well used product is a well loved product. I am wondering if I'll ever get to see the pan of the stuff I have been buying.

      Delete
  5. Dear, I think the best part of this product is the wooden casing! Just gorgeous and the unique one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the wooden casing too, it is very unique, I don't think I have owned something that is wooden before.

      Delete
  6. Aww I saw this at the Brussels airport when I flew out but couldn't make up my mind, and all the other dutyfree shops I checked afterwards had already run out of it! I love the idea, and it's such a gorgeous piece! Looks great on you Jacqueline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With LE stuff you really have to make a quick decision whether to buy or not, some items just gets snapped up really fast don't they? Do you have any items in the past that you have restated not getting I.e. the one that got away?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.