Sunday, August 12, 2012

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eye Shadow No. 21 Obsidian Grey


This was the one piece from the Giorgio Armani Bronze Colour Summer 2012 collection that almost got away from me. I had dear J get Obsidian Black and Madre Perla for me while she was in Hong Kong. After seeing Obsidian Grey online, I regretted not getting it. I was very happy when I found out that the Giorgio Armani DFS counter decided to bring the Summer 2012 collection.

Ruby from Miaka's Life and Loves and I skipped over to the GA counter during one of our play dates and we decided to get it together. 

You can read Ruby's review over at Miaka's Life and Loves.



I love ETKs. I will say this I love them over the Loreal Infallibles, yes they are very expensive but they are complex, blend well without being muddy and with a primer does not crease on me



I don't really do silvers and greys because I generally don't  look as good in cool colours as compared to warm ones. However, I wanted to get this  to use together with Obsidian Black. 

It is a silvery grey with sparkle.

For the look below, I used Sin from the Urban Decay Naked palette on the inner corner of my eyes and Obsidian Grey on the outer corners. I dabbed Madre Perla on the middle on my lids.


Complete with eye liner and fake lashes
Here are all the Eyes To Kill eye shadows from the Bonze Colour collection together. Aren't they lovely together?



I am very happy with my purchase.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

13 comments:

  1. I'd love to try Armani Eyes to kill! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl you must! They are like the best eye shadows ever! Seriously!

      Delete
  2. This is really pretty, but it looks so similar to my L'Oreal Infallible in Infinite Sky that I'll have to pass :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca, Infinite Sky looks a little bit more blue to me. Anyway, L'oreal Infallibles are pretty awesome too, what are your favourites?

      Delete
  3. I really want to get Obsidian Black now.. I know it's not necessary looking at my stash but its just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly whatever we buy isn't necessary considering how much stuff we have but its a ETK,what's not to love. OB is really a pretty more complex black. Nice to won but not necessary.

      Delete
  4. I love Obsidian Grey as well! Great choices. You'd figure they're super glittery and tough to work with but they apply like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly Kristie, I find the glitter very tasteful, not disco ball like at all. I would love to see them do a green shade.

      Delete
  5. I still can't figure out why i haven't laid my hands on any ETKs yet though i've been meaning to for the longest time. Obsidian grey looks gorgeous on you BTW!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweetie, thanks! :) Perhaps you haven't found a shade that you simple must have yet.

      Delete
  6. Hi Jacueline,
    Please remind me how you apply your Illusions? I just got one in Riviere, and I find that using fingers does not give an even application. Thanks! P.S. this color looks great on you too! Thanks. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lisa, I always use my fingers because it is the best way for me. When I had my makeover with my MA at Chanel she used a synthetic brush. I find the brush given absolutely useless, I don't know how to use it properly.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.