Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Abstraction swatches and review


Abstraction comes from the Les Expressions de Chanel Summer 2012 collection. This particular collection has 2 new Illusion d'Ombres, Vision and Abstraction. Vision is a glittery gold topper shade that works best layered on top of other shadows and so I chose to skip it. You can check out Memoiselle's post of it and Mostly Sunny's post of it to decide for yourself whether it is worth getting. Let me say I had a had time walking away from the counter. Anyway I believe these are permanent colours so you are not in a rush to decide whether you want them or not.



Abstraction is a pretty coral pink shade that goes well with my warm skin tone. As you know pinks can be a little tricky. It may look puffy when applied on certain skin tones. See if your Chanel MA is willing to try this on your lids to see if it is suitable for you



Here is an eye look I did. Using Abstraction all over the lids to just beyond my crease and the dark brown from my Chanel Sable Emouvant duo on the outer corner of my lids. Finally the beige shade on my brow bone to highlight. You can see the one my favourite MA Quiling did for me here.



Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Abstraction
Chanel Sable Emouvant eye shadow duo
Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Shade 27 Matte Black
Chanel Stylo Yeux Waterproof Noir Intense
Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill waterproof mascara 



Base:

Giorgio Armani UV Master Primer
Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder


Cheeks:

YSL Creme de Blush Bright Coral
Burberry Light Glow Blossom

Lips:

Chanel lip liner in Natural
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Golden Lustre Corail D'or 


Here are my current stash of Illusion d'Ombres in a row (not including my Blue Illusion ones though) 



The only reason why Ebloui looks so pigmented is because I scooped out way too much for swatching. 



How do they compare to Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill shadows? Well other that the texture which is a bouncy mousse, these are sheerer and more sparkly. I like using them on top of my powder eye shadows to give my eye look more depth. I find that they are best applied with fingers, I have not had success applying these with the brushes given or for the matter any brush that I own although I have seen my Chanel MA Quiling do it wonderfully.

Ratings: 4 lipsticks



Left to right: Abstraction versus Sweet Fire
Finally, a reader of mine wanted to know how does Abstraction compare with Giorgio Armani's Eyes To Kill Sweet Fire. To my eyes, Sweet Fire is a cooler pink which I end not wear as often. Abstraction has a warmth to it because of the coral hints. Abstraction tends to be sheerer as compared to the ETK. For the above swatch, Abstraction was layered whereas Sweet Fire was made with one single swipe.

18 comments:

  1. I have the black and the white one... Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantasme and Mirifique are very lovely shades instead. They are wonderful for adding that sparkle to your eyes. Great choices Katherine and thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Sweetie, how do you wear your Abstraction I would love to see.

      Delete
  3. Abstraction is such a pretty colour...
    I can see you've given your Illusion D'Ombres much love! ;)
    And oh, please... swatches and EOTD of your Bleu Illusion purchases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear watch out for the next post. My posting is not keeping up with my purchases ;) I love my dorms a lot although I must say Epatant gets the least love.

      Delete
  4. I see that you are a die-hard fan of the Chanel potties Jacq! Me don't really like them, my Armani ETKs suck me in too much hehe. But your little previous ions are beautiful nonetheless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately for my wallet my dear I am. Sigh I'm also equally a diehard ETK fan.

      Delete
  5. Awesome collection!! I'm still resisting them in favour of the ETKs.. can't hoard too much =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he I must post my eye shadow pot drawer one of these days. I feel happy when I see all my 'babies' in a row. I'm not called a hoarder for nothing ;) Chanel better slow down, I can't catch up with all the new things.

      Delete
  6. Wow! That's a great collection.
    I don't have any experience with the Chanel or Armani potted lovelies; going off your descriptions, I might have to look at the Eyes To Kill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo Boo you must try an ETK, you will love it. Do you like warm or cool colours?

      Delete
  7. Hey dear,

    thank you for the shout out.
    I agree with you that Illusion d'Ombre is sheer compared to ETKs. I like to use this on top of dark eyeshadows too, it looks dazzling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome my dear, thanks or your advice on Vision. :) Doms are amazing a shadow peppers aren't they, do you have Fabtasme, try it on top of Apparition.

      Delete
  8. Your collection is amazing...so beautiful!! And i love this LOTD that u did here in this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joy thanks! Just seeing them all lined up in my drawer makes me happy.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.