Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Destination and Apparition swatches and reviews


Here is the Chanel haul that I did about a week ago. You can read about it here.


Apparition and Destination belong to the Blue Illusion De Chanel collection. I don't normally do blues but seeing these I said what the heck I'll experiment.


Apparition

Destination


As you can see Apparition is a gorgeous dark blue with tiny shimmer. Destination is almost an icy blue. 




I am loving the blue look immensely. Destination really pulls the look together. I layered Destination over Apparition. 

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Destination
Chanel Illusion d'Ombre Apparition
Inglot 101R
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Black
Ardell lashes 110 



Lips:
MAC Lip Liner Dervish
Dior Addict Rose Dentelle (With blue eye shadows, better to stick to a nude or subdued lip colour)



Base:
Giorgio Armani Fluid Master Primer
Chanel Perfection Lumiere B40
Giorgio Armani Microfil Loose Powder 

Cheeks:
Daniel Sandler Watercolour Blush Flush
Guerlain Terra Azzurra Blush Bronzer

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

Remember the little black box besides my Illusion d'Ombres? Here it is again.





It is the new Coco Noir perfume. I think the SA at Chanel was horrified when she learned that I was not a perfume kinda gal. She gave this to me! Isn't she sweet?

Left to right: Apparition, Blast of Blue and Destination

A dear reader asked for comparisons between the blue shadows and GA's ETK Blast of Blue. Here it is. Apparition and Blast of Blue is nothing alike so no dupes here. I love Apparition because it is a deeper sapphire blue, Blast of Blue is a silvery blue and Destination is an icy blue. I hope this helps.

15 comments:

  1. yes this eyeshadow (Mercury from Bobbi Brown) is very long lasting. You know that my skin is so oily so are my eyelids and I can't stop scratching them because of my allergy and this eyeshadow still lasts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know Caise, I love long lasting stuff.

      Delete
  2. Lovely lippies my dear :) I love that nude color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have not tired this.. will check it out..

    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i am IN LOVE with Apparition. All thanks to u ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, right? Right? It is such a lovely colour. Did you buy it? Must show us an EOTD.

      Delete
  5. This is amazing! You totally made the blue work for you! I guess I shouldn't be so quick to write ALL blue shades off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Sunny, this is making me want to try out more blues. Makeup is just makeup so we should sometimes have fun with it, don't you think?

      Delete
  6. I love blues but I actually overlooked Apparition for Destination. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to skip Destination but I'm happy I did not.

      Delete
  7. Hi Jacqueline, you are tempting me again! Did you also look at the Blue Aerin pencil? What did you think? Thanks, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Call me a big temptress ;) I did see the pencil but I have no luck with them so I skipped. It is a bright blue colour. I did a swatch of it, check out my earlier post.

      http://mybeautyhoard.blogspot.sg/2012/08/chanel-blue-illusion-de-chanel-2012.html

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.