Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Burberry Sheer Summer Glow Swatches and Review


I had my eyes on Burberry's Sheer Summer Glow for a long time. It is part of the Iconic Nudes collection for summer 2012. Unfortunately the prices in Singapore is so highly marked up that I the decent oline shopaholic that I am balked at paying so much extra for it. USD $50 versus SGD $95. Isn't it ridiculous?

I decided to buy this together with the Guerlain Terra zzurra which was equally highly marked up at Sak's Fifth Avenue.

(Information taken from Saks.com)

    Limited Edition Sheer Summer Glow provides an effortless everyday summer look for all skin tones. Inspired by the iconic Burberry color palette, it gently highlights and defines the face and eyes in one effortless application. To use, gently blend the four shades using the Burberry Beauty Brush. Apply all over the face for a fresh and natural glow, or use each shade separately to highlight and sculpt the face, applying color to the forehead, eyes, cheeks and chin.




It comes with an adorable beige instead of the normal black pouch this time around and does not have a brush. Which is kind of a bummer, I find the brushes from the Burberry blushes excellent and useful. I was hoping for a brush for this too, ah well.


It has the iconic gunmetal casing with a magnetic closure.



Isn' it just delectable. It comes with a satiny finish, not shimmery at all, it just imparts a lovely glow


I use these two shades for highlighting.


I use these two shades for contouring.




Mixed together
Sheer Summer Glow on my cheeks
I feel this compact is great for fair to medium skin tones. For darker ladies perhaps you can use this as a subtle highlighter or as a finishing powder to give yourself glowy skin.


Overall, I am very pleased with my buy. All the more that I have not spent SGD $95 for it.


Ratings: 4 lipsticks

15 comments:

  1. This looks great! I really wonder how well it'll show up on my skin, but after seeing it on you I have a little more faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babe this one is my fave bronzer now, I am using it almost everyday. My plan is to see the pan of this bronzer *wish* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all my new summer bronzer equally so I think it will be a long time before I ever see pan.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Awesome! I love the colours and how it looks on the face!

    http://theprintedsea.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi jacqueline,

    how do you go about purchasing from saks? do you need to route it via vpost? how much was the shipping costs?

    thanks babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Stacey, I went via Vpost, I paid SGD $20.68 for two Burberry Summer Glows and my Guerlain blush/bronzer. I think shipping is quite reasonable, you should try it.

      Delete
  5. argh, i'm a sucker for burberry anything!
    now i feel like i have to go out and get this! lol <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miriam, just don't get it in Singapore ok? Have you seen the new fall eye shadows? Mulberry will be mine!

      Delete
  6. Oh Gawsh. I love this product... as you very well know. :)
    tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dear Burberry products do not disappoint eh?

      Delete
  7. OMG Jacqueline I think I lost my Sheer Summer Glow palette!!! I'm so sad--I was in love with it, and your post is reminding me of how gorgeous it is :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.