Saturday, July 28, 2012

Suqqu Spring Summer 2012 Nuancing Cheeks Blush EX-02 Kohakasui and Ex-03 Akanemizu





I think I am thoroughly smitten by Suqqu as a brand. I owned two of their eye shadow palettes. Himesango and Usuchaori and love them to bits. When I had the opportunity to get their new Spring/Summer 2012 blushes (thanks my angels!)  I had to get them. There are three altogether, I decided not to pick up the pink version EX-01 Botaniro as I realise I tend to favour my coral/peach and rose blushes as compared to my pink ones. 

I rely on swatches from Visionary Beauty and Drivel about Frivol because they have great swatches and are an amazing resource when it comes to Suqqu. You can check out Botaniro at Visionary Beauty and all of the shades at Kate's blog Drivel about Frivol.

In case you are interested, I paid about SGD$158 for both blushes.





I like Suqqu's sleek packaging. It is thin and very portable. Although it is made from black plastic, the packaging is very sturdy. I notice three little holes under my palette and wonder is it for me to depan the blush?




The blush applicator unfortunately is too small for me to use properly. I can say that it is very soft and has just the right softness to pick up the right amount of pigment.

EX-02 Kohakusui






Kohakusui on my cheeks
I wish I could do the blushes more justice. The sun unfortunately has not been cooperating on the day that I decided to do swatches of it. The left shade is sheerer whereas the right is a matt and pigmented shade. Kohakusui is a glowy peach/coral shade. Unlike most Japanese blush, this has quite a bit of pigment power. I found that using my MAC blush brush gave me too much pigment. My Hakuhodo brush which is softer and fluffier did the best job.

Ex-02 Akanemizu





Akanemizu on my cheeks
Akanemizu is a straight up rose pink shade. It is not matte, neither is it a shimmery shade. It just glows on my cheeks. It is also very pigmented and a single swipe with my Hakuhodo blush brush is enough for both my cheeks.

Dear Rachel, my constant reader mentioned that colour on the right hand side of the palettes look similar so I decided to swatch them side by side for a comparison. (Sweetie, thanks for the great suggestion!)


Kohakusui

Akanemizu






Kohakusui has a sheerer pink shade that is slightly cooler than the Akanemizu which is more of a rosy pink.

If you ask me if paying SGD $80 for a blush like this was worthwhile, I would whole-heartedly say yes. I love their soft texture. It is finely milled and lasts the whole day on my cheeks. 

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Whole heartedly, I don't care if the colours aren't exciting, they are beautiful on my cheeks.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, Akanemizu is calling my name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Suqqu were available in Taiwan! Maybe I should go to London soon since it is there, and I've heard too many good things about this brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find Suqqu to be of very high quality, though the colours are not exciting they are very wearable and so so fine.

      Delete
  4. They are so pretty on you, I keep meaning to pick up some more of their blushes, selfridges seem to have more of the range on their website now. Thanks for the mention :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Replica, your swatches are one of the reasons why I have so much Suqqu. :)

      Delete
  5. Oh my Jacqueline! Your blog is soo drooling lately! So many things that I want :D
    Where did you get this? Akanemizu is pretty and it's really my color. What I love about this is that it's matte but there's a bit of sparkles inside. The sparkles are tiny and not too much. Just a perfect formulation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky to have someone buy them for me while they were in the UK. Meryl you have many things I want too, like your Tom Ford and YSL palettes.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful!!! Do u mix the colour in the 2 pan before applying? How does the blush works?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends, sometimes I layer one colour over the other or I dip my brush into both colours and then apply.

      Delete
  7. *SIGH* I want to try something--anything--from Suqqu so badly. I have a real problem with ordering from overseas because I'm always so anxious that the color won't be what I thought or it will get lost or take too long (I'm SUPER impatient) or I'll want to return it and it will turn into a difficult nightmare...I worry a lot :P This is the reason I haven't ordered anything from Suqqu (that and I've heard that it's ridiculously marked up on the sites that do ship to U.S). But I know I will give in eventually...literally everything from the brand looks so elegant and high-quality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason why I haven't ordered online is also because it is very highly marked up. When someone offers to buy me Suqqu I jump at the chance. I normally pick items that are easy to use and wearable, this the coral and rose shades.

      Delete
  8. ooooh both are very pretty combination!^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Suqqu. The understated beauty of their palettes is breath-taking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Kohakusui looks so pretty in the pan and applies so beautifully on you!
    Btw, what Hakuhodo brush do you use? My soft fluffy squirrel-haired RMK brush couldn't pick up the colour of EX-01. I only managed to do so with the smaller, coarser goat-haired yachiyo brush. So I'm wondering if the pigmentation of the 3 blushes varies, or the 3 nuancing blushes are not pigmented enough to be picked up by squirrel-haired brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using the 203 Powder Brush pointed (E0102)

      http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SvERs16qqeE/TqJyWyP1dfI/AAAAAAAAFW4/m8SmhxeHvTA/s1600/P1040036.JPG

      I find both my blushes well pigmented. I am so sorry to hear that you are having problem with yours.

      Delete
    2. Hmm... E0102 is goat-haired...
      Anyway, I'm glad I gave the blush another chance with the yachiyo brush. ;) Now I'm eyeing the LE blush from the fall collection. Hehe... Are you planning to get anything from their fall collection? ;)
      Btw, do you know what are Hakuhodo powder brushes meant to be used for? Any type and form of powder product? I have a couple of their powder brushes but I find mine all too big and fluffy to be used for blush application.

      Delete
    3. I'm giving the fall collection a miss, the blushes look a little too light for my skin tone and the eye shadows look a little similar to what I own.

      I only own a few of their brushes so I'm not very sure myself. I guess I was lucky that the ones I picked did what i wanted them to do. Which brushes do you own?

      Delete
  11. Oh, Kohakusui looks so pretty in the pan and applies so beautifully on you!
    Btw, what Hakuhodo brush do you use? My soft, fluffy, squirrel-haired RMK brush couldn't pick up the colour of EX-01. I managed to do so with my denser, smaller, goat-haired yachiyo brush. So I'm wondering if these 3 blushes are not pigmented enough to be picked up by squirrel-haired brushes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.