Friday, July 6, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté 'Kaleidoscope' Blush Kit Swatches and Review


I first laid eyes on this beauty at Best Things in Beauty in December 2011. I was dismayed to find out that it was limited edition and only sold at Troy, Michigan in the US. So imagine my surprise when it was released as a Spring 2012 item. 

Getting this beauty was quite a hassle, after making the decision to buy and then going through the motions of ordering it, I find out that Nordstrom was also selling it a week later. Argh!


(Taken from Nordstrom website)

Le Métier de Beauté introduces the Kaleidoscope blush kit, complete with four universally flattering shades perfect for creating the ultimate rosy glow. The range of colors and textures allows the creation of infinite looks by blending and layering or simply wearing each shade individually. Worn on their own, the hues provide a modern and fresh vitality to the cheeks. When layered, the beautiful and balanced combination of shades creates an effortless, feminine glow.




How to use: Blend the matte shades for day and transition to evening with a sensuous shimmery layer.




It came lovingly wrapped with black paper. I felt like Christmas came early for me and I was unwrapping my present. Woohoo!


My blush kaleidoscope looks a little scruffy at the top. I don't mind because it is what's inside that matters.


There is a magnetic thingmajig that holds the cover closed.




4 pretty pans swivel out. When I close them, there is a click so I'm sure there is something to make sure the pans are held in place.

1st tray


On to the colours. The top tray consist of a pigmented matte peach. I needed only one finger swatch for a pigmented arm swatch. The powder felt creamy and soft.

2nd tray



Top to bottom: 2nd tray and 1st tray

The second tray consist of a pigmented matte dusty rose/pink/peach shade. I find the shade even more pigmented than the first.


3rd tray





The third tray consist of a shimmery peach infused with gold.







The last tray is a shimmery cool pink colour. 


What I love about these colours is that you can mix and layer them to make different shades.


Left to right: 1st, 3rd and mixed
Left to right: 2nd, 4th and mixed
Left to right: 1st, 4th and mixed

Left to right: 2nd, 3rd and mixed

These blushes are insanely pigmented and need the lightest touch for application. I find even my softest Hakuhodo blush brush can deposit too much blush. I am using my old MAC Duo Fiber brush with these. The shimmer blushes can look frosty if I am heavy handed. I prefer layering the shimmer blushes over the matte blushes just on top my my cheekbones for a little highlighting effect.



Here I am using a light dusting of blush from tray 1 and highlighting the tops of my cheeks with blush from tray 3.


The blush kaleidoscope has a hefty price tag of USD$95. For me I feel that it is totally justifiable. I can countless of shades depending on how I mix them. You can't go wrong with the colours. The texture of these blushes as so finely milled. I am in love.


Ratings: 5 lipsticks

25 comments:

  1. wow! those are wickedly lovely!! how i wish it would come out here in manila, ph.. looked great on you. cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Roxyfoxy, thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment. I think it is actually quite a good thing it is not so accessible to me either I can't imagine the damage I'll do to my wallet if LMdB is easily available.

      Delete
  2. So very pretty and so many options with mixing the shades, your 1 and 3 mix looks lovely on you :) I'm sure I'll end up picking this up at some point x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Replica.

      You must, you must ;) I am enjoying how long lasting it is. It is my new preciousssss.

      Delete
  3. I've been eying this kit since I heard it was being rereleased. Great buy, girlie! I'm glad I get to experience it through you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BooBoo, you will not go wrong with this kit.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! You'll come up with endless possible blush combos with these gorgeous blushes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pammy, I have been dabbling with it every day to come up with something different. I love that it is so customizable.

      Delete
  5. Jacq, I literally screamed when I saw this post!! I am so excited to see this review :) :)
    This is truly a must have item but it comes with such a hefty price. All the colors look adorable, pretty and drooling. Congratulations for owning such a pretty blush :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only beauty bloggers go gaga over makeup, I tell you it is very hard to explain to a non makeup addict why I pay so much for 4 pans of colour. E.g DH.

      Delete
    2. That's why beauty blogosphere is sooo addictive. I am feeling so normal in this beauty blogosphere :)

      Delete
    3. Babe! Give me a high five! Have you taken out a precious piece of your stash to show to someone and the person just did not get it?

      Delete
    4. hahaha yes I had that moment :( let's have a meet up jacq!!

      Delete
  6. I love mine too!! So glad I took the plunge and got it =P Now I just have to resist every other LMdB scope they release.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the Pallid Incandescent kit, so pretty. I haven't been very excited by the colours of the other kits but this one looks pretty.

      Delete
  7. The kit is well put together and extremely versatile; I can't take my eyes off the 1st & 3rd shades. *must resist*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You look fab in tray1 layered with tray 3! Like you're glowing from within... Very natural!

    Much as I'm into blushes these days, I'd convinced myself the individual colours are not that unique and don't justify the hefty price... So I shall forget I'd ever seen this post of yours... *deleting from memory*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Nonno, I've kinda reached saturation point and probably not be picking up any blush anytime soon until perhaps I decide to splurge on Tom Ford but until then this kit has made me a very contented lady.

      Delete
  9. EEEEEE this one looks AMAZING! I'm at a total loss of words here! I received Coral Nymph this week and I can hardly believe how it becomes one with my skin. I also won Echo in a giveaway and I cant' wait to play with that! There IS a good reason why so many bloggers rave about this brand! You look gorgeous with this kit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sunny, I was squealing too quietly when I opened it up. Quietly because dear hubby was going to think I'm not. I am glad you love Coral Nymph, it is my go to coral/peach blush to go with neutrals. Congrats on winning Echo. I wanna see, show me pretty please?

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa, thanks for popping by and leaving me a comment. It was a great buy for me, I think the exclusivity and difficulty in scoring it upped the allure. :)

      Delete
  11. such pretty colors, and th pigmentation looks good too, but 95 buvks to shell out at once hmm I should be a fan of the brand to do that >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anna, I am a big fan of LMdB alright. :) Try their creme fresh tints, they are a wonderful way to test out their products.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.