Friday, July 20, 2012

Le Métier de Beauté English Garden Lip Creme Lip Gloss Gift with Purchase lip palette swatches and review


I am trying my hardest to get some information about this cute little GWP I received with my LMdB haul but I can't find any. I only know that t is called the English Garden lip palette and consists of Lip Cremes. I don't even know what are the colours in it. Can anyone help?

(Taken from Nordstrom website)

A hybrid of gloss and lipstick, Lip Crème combines chic color, intense emollients and antioxidants to soothe and nourish. Long-lasting intense color with added shine and gloss. Lacquer-sheen finish. Creamy texture and easy-glide formula. Vitamins and antioxidants for smooth, supple lips.


It is a thin little thingy. Card sized and very easy to carry around.





I like using the more pigmented shades. The lighter ones I use to layer over other darker lipsticks to change the shade. They feel sightly tacky and wear for perhaps two to three hours on me.

Again I say this, I am not a fan of the NARS style casing. See what I mean below. It is quite difficult to clean it once it gets dirty.


Anyway, I always throw away the little plastic thingy that comes with palettes because I hate having to deal with them when I want to use my palette. I regret. The cover of the palette came off and somehow my lip pencil got in the middle of the lip palette and the cover. My makeup pouch was not a pretty sight. The lip glosses are soft so now they are all gooey and its not a pretty sight.


The Le Metier de Beaute Lip Cremes from this palette are nice but it hasn't impressed me to the point of getting a full sized one. I'm not a lip gloss person. I do love how tiny and cute it is. I just have to make sure the cover does not come off again.

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Pammy, isn't it. I still use it and I'm trying to clean the palette up with cleaning alcohol.

      Delete
  2. I got this GWP and used it recently on a cruise. It was wonderful to have color choices and was fun to use although normally I am not a palette person; I dislike the messy look that invariably happens. I have eight LMdB lip cremes because they are so fabulous but did not bother to try and match the colors up as I assumed the formulations are different. The consistency of the palette glosses is tackier than the full sized ones and I prefer the full size. Yes, you do have to shut the palette tight to avoid accidents; this palette has quite a loud click when shut properly and won't open if you remember to listen for the click.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, that's for giving me advice. Great to hear that the lip crimes are less tacky, so which 8 shades do you own?

      Delete
    2. My favorites are Fraise and Peche, absolutely beautiful on their own. Creme de a Creme and Cafe are useful for lightening and muting any lip color. Purple Haze, a LE, is okay, but I don't think the purple tones go well with my Asian medium light skin tone. All of the above are shimmery, but not as shimmery as Bobbi Brown High Shimmer gloss which I do not like because it is over the top for me. Red Velvet, a GWP, is fabulous, a non shimmery stunning red. Two Lips and Mums the Word are recent LE which are sold together. Mums the Word is a pretty bright pink without shimmer but I find it a bit plain and Two Lips is slighter pinker than Peche and also not my favorite. I want to get Framboise and possibly Papaye next. All of these lip cremes can be mixed with each other to create new shades. Great fun!

      Delete
    3. Hey Anon, on no the way you describe these lip cremes are so tempting, now I need to go hunt for swatches and check them out.

      Delete
  3. Love the marbling effect, or was that done by your brush? Perhaps you could store it in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The marbling effect is 'natural'. Thanks for the suggestion Joycec I'll try that.

      Delete
  4. oh that's too bad.. I always throw away this plastic thingy as well. They definitely should do something with that
    this palette is so beautiful though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caise do you throw away all your plastic thingies? I do, even my eye shadow palettes.

      Delete
  5. I love these travel sized palettes, I'm always a sucker for them but I end up not even bringing them for holidays but going in favour of my tried and tested items!! Sorry to hear about the mess - cleaning up that pouch must not have been fun at all! Still, it's nice that this was a GWP so you can test it out before deciding whether to purchase the full sizes, I'm (also) a sucker for GWPs hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how the SA says you need to buy just $9 worth of things and you will get a gwp, I finally learned how to say nope I do not need the gwp. I tend to use skin are gwps rather than the makeup ones. Very strange, I don't know why myself. Like you I favor bringing out what I already love.

      Delete
    2. I'm rather the opposite, because my skin is so picky I'd rather have makeup GWPs than skincare. I often don't dare to test try new skincare and it all ends up being gifted to friends or my mom! Honestly sometimes I'd prefer things like new makeup pouches/cases etc, I can never have too many pouches especially for travelling.

      Delete
  6. I was lucky enough to win this palette in a contest. I've also heard that the LMdB GWP glosses are far stickier and gooier than the regular products. I wonder if this is because the regular ones are packaged differently. The up side to the palette is it's simply adorable and easy to tote around. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the gloss texture. I had hoped LMdB would transform me into a fan of lip gloss. Oh well! I'm still glad I got to try it though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Boo Boo, I was also hoping to be converted to lip glosses but I'm still not. The glosses are nice but not enough for me to be converted.

      Delete
    2. I pulled out this kit this morning. I figure the only way I'll get through it is if I pat it on the centre of my lower lip as a highlight. It may take years.

      Anyway, it got me thinking of your cover-less palette. You could make your own by cutting up or repurposing any thin sheet of plastic. Some sources that immediately come to mind: the clear "window" that's part of the pasta box, inner packaging from the fiancé's electric razor, and the plastic insert from a powder blush.

      I hope you can find a solution.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.