Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Giorgio Armani Bronze Color Collection 2012 Eyes To Kill #20 Obsidian Black #23 Madre Perla swatches and review



There is something about eye shadows that come in pots that I'm attracted to, I'm not sure why. They aren't the most portable things to carry around especially if they come in glass pots but I seem to have a penchant for collecting them. 

I have a drawer solely for my potted eye shadows.

Can you tell that I really dig Giorgio Armani's Eyes To Kill eye shadows? When I hear news of new ETKs I get very excited. (I'll let you in on a little news, I have another 4 new ETKS from the Acqua collection coming my way, I am so happy!)

The two ETKs I have for you today are from the Bronze Collection, No. 23 Madre Perla and No. 20 Obsidian Black.


By the way, I have a girl crush for Megan Fox, I think she is hot! She has the most beautiful eyes.



(Taken from Giorgio Armani website)

Now available in four limited edition new shades.



For the first time, Eyes To Kill Intense unveils a pearl blend that radiates four spellbinding colours. Each of the Eyes to Kill Intense – ‘Obsidian Black’, ‘Obsidian Grey’, ‘Écailles’ and ‘Madre Perla'– is based on a revolutionary technology that acts like a kaleidoscope, producing multidimensional colours.



This season’s must-have, 'Madre Perla' is a blend of precious white pearls that instantly radiates ever-changing pink, purple, blue and green light for hours. It can be swept over eyes and temples, like a radiance veil as seen in the Giorgio Armani Spring/Summer 2012 show ‘Nacré’.

Neither a cream nor a powder, this incredible hybrid formula acts like a colour suspension that delivers a dreamy, ethereal beauty to eyes with a 24 hour hold.






Obsidian Black isn't just a plain old black eye shadow, it flashes dark blue with multi-coloured shimmer.




I think the star of the collection has to be Madre Perla. The shimmery pearly white flashes blue and green. 



By the way, they look amazing when layered together.



This is a simple look I put together with just Madre Perla lightly all over the lids and Obsidian Black close to the lash line. Then I added a light layer of Madre Perla over Obsidian Black to blend both colours. I am wearing my favourite Ardell 108 to complete the look.



These are night time eye shadows especially Madre Perla, I wish I could wear it every day but somehow it just doesn't feel very appropriate as work wear. 

I am so glad I finally got Obsidian Grey which I regretted not including in my initial haul list when dear J offered to pick up for me while she was in Hong Kong.  I believe Obsidian Grey will look amazing with Obsidian Black and Madre Perla.

You must check out natural N chic makeup's swatches here. I'll post mine of Obsidian Grey really soon!

Here are all my ETKs.

Left to right, top to bottom.

No. 1 Blast of Blue, No. 3 Purpurra, No. 5 Gold Blitz
No. 6 Khaki Pulse, No. 7 Sweet Fire, No. 9 Rock Sand
No. 20 Obsidian Black and No. 23 Madre Perla



These swatches are made without primers. They are so pigmented.


Left to right: Blast of Blue, Purpurra, Gold Blitz, Khaki Pulse, Sweet Fire, Rock Sand, Obsidian Black and Madre Perla

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

18 comments:

  1. They're both really beautiful, I'd love to try Obsidian Black. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore your blog. The makeup is wonderful and I'll really love to try that out!

    Following u now via Goggle +. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss Kwong for stopping by. GA ETKs are a must if you love eye shadows.

      Delete
  3. Weehee Jacqueline! You have a nice stash of ETKs over there! They are really little pots of gorgeousness thats makes me go weak everywhere! Haha.. I like the look you did- layering the 2 plus the falsies!!

    May you receive the 4 on their way soon!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anne, they are my precioussssss. Can you imagine me crouching over them like Golum (kekeke)

      Delete
  4. These are very lovely, but I don't think I've gotten that "must-have" feeling from any of these ETK shadows yet. I'm not sure why...they definitely are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You probably haven't seen a colour that attracts you yet. What colours get you weak in the knees?

      Delete
  5. Great collection Jacq! Are you planning to buy all the shades? ;p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memo, are you talking about the Acqua collection coming out? I bought 4 out of the six.

      Delete
  6. Obsidian black is a unique shade and I'm kind of lemming for purpura. Which 4 shades did u order from the new collection? I ordered 25 and 28 and they are on the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must let me see them when you get it, mine will probably take a little time getting to me. I skipped the lightest and darkest shade.

      Delete
  7. I hauled all 4 shades from DFS Galleria when they launched! SO happy to have access to GA now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best, now I don't have to go guessing about foundation shades and waiting for it to arrive from overseas.

      Delete
  8. I can't decide if i should get madre perla or escailles! I've called dfs and asked them to put some etks aside for me to pick up tomorrow. And when I say some etks I actually mean 6 shades.... :O Which do you think I will get more use out of? I wish they were cheaper I would just buy all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon, get Madre Perla, it is definitely more pretty. You mean the six new shades, woohoo! Well there are too shades that are quite similar, Rusted Gold and Rose Plantine 26 and 28 I think. I think you can skip the lightest shade too.

      Delete
    2. Which shades did you purchase? Yepp I'll have to force myself to pick either #26 or #28 tomorrow...Thanks for your suggestions, I love reading your blog (we have really similar makeup taste!!)

      Delete
    3. :) I bought 25, 26, 28 and 29. 29 I think is a big mistake for me, I don't think I need another brow highlighter. Thanks Anon, great minds think alike eh?

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.