Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System Review





I am not sure what came over me but after using my Kiehl's Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion for the longest time I wanted a little change. When Drugstore.com had a 20% store wide discount, I decided to snap up the Clarisonic Mia 2 to try. By the way the original price is USD $149, I bought mine for USD$119.20, Sephora sells it for SGD $249. I think I got a good deal. :) In addition I bought the CLARISONIC Replacement Brush Head Twin Pack for Deep Pore Cleansing for USD $32, original price USD$40. I am patting myself on the back for saving a little bit of money.

(Information taken from Clarisonic website)

Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Skin Cleansing System

Mia 2 is an extension of our popular Mia family that gives you all the benefits of sonic cleansing in a compact, easy-to-use style. Mia 2 features two speeds, a one-minute pulsing T-Timer® and a protective travel case for on-the-go sonic cleansing. Now you have more choices for beautiful skin.

Kit Includes

  • Clarisonic Mia 2
  • Universal Voltage Charger
  • Sensitive Brush Head
  • 1 oz. trial size cleanser
  • Protective travel case

Beautiful Skin Begins with Cleaner Skin

Traditional methods of cleansing don’t get your skin as clean as you’d think. Fortunately, the lead inventor of Sonicare discovered a breakthrough in how we cleanse. Using Sonic Technology, Clarisonic’s patented micro-massage motion works within skin’s natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities traditional methods leave behind- leaving skin softer, smoother and more beautiful.
  • Cleanses 6x better than with your hands alone in just 60 seconds
  • Works with skin, not against it, to gently massage away impurities trapped within pores
  • Prepares skin for better absorption of creams, serums and moisturizers
  • Gentle enough to use 2x a day




As you can see the charger comes with a two pin plug, I think it is quite easy to find a adapter for this. My very technologically savvy DH whipped out an adapter plug  when I showed him the Clarisonic plug.





The charger magnetically attaches itself to the base of the Mia 2. Basically you can bring the Mia 2 into the bathroom and get the whole thing wet without fearing that it would short circuit and giving you a nasty shock. I have accidentally dropped my Clarisonic into a pail of water before and the Clarisonic and I survived without incident.




It comes with a brush cover and a case. I always leave it open to dry.

CLARISONIC Replacement Brush Head Twin Pack for Deep Pore Cleansing


(Taken from Drugstore.com website)

Clarisonic's patent pending Deep Pore Cleansing brush head is designed with a unique gradation of bristle firmness and dual-action movement, making it optimal for cleansing oily skin, skin with large pores or those looking to target hard to reach and uneven areas of the face, like the crevasses around the nose. Safe and gentle for use every day, 2x per day. Reveal clearer, refreshed, softer, smoother skin. 

Clarisonic brush heads are made from a non-porous, soft elastomeric material, resistant to bacterial attachment. All brush heads are precision-designed to oscillate bi-directionally at a sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second and should be replaced every 3 months.




I have to remember to replace my brush heads every 3 months. I don't think this is something I am going to skimp on. After all, I am using this on my face everyday, I want to make sure it is clean and bacteria free




I was given a trial size Refreshing Gel Cleanser to try. I am still a bit iffy about its effectiveness, I rather use my regular Kiehl's Açaí Damage-Minimizing Cleanser and Chanel Le Blanc Fresh Brightening Form Cleanser.

It is not abrasive on my skin even though I choose the higher speed out of the two. In fact it is very gentle and I simply love how soft and clean my skin feels after using it. I limit myself to using it only once a day and always make sure I clean the brush head with anti-bacterial soap and dry it before putting it back into the case. I leave the case open at all times to air it. I  have also stopped using scrubs as I think this is enough.

You are supposed to wet the brush head and either place the cleanser on the head or on your face. Initially foamy water dribbled down my face and got into my eyes. Ouch! Then I learned to give my Mia a good hard shake to shake off the excess water before using it on my face. I also learned that my Mia is actually quite hardy. Once while I was shaking it, my Mia flew out of my hands and onto the floor. I was fearing the worst but thankfully my Mia was alright.

I am still waiting for the big purge that I read some users go through. Knock on wood but I have yet to experience it and it has been about 2 months of daily usage.

I am so glad to have bought this. I personally feel that my skin is much softer and clearer after using it for 2 months. I love the fact that it isn't time consuming at all. Just a minute a day to have soft and supple skin. It is a worthwhile investment for me. My regular beautician also mentioned that I much fewer blackheads than before. I am also using less cleanser. In the past I tend to squeeze out more cleanser than I actually need. Now a pea sized cleanser is enough to cleanse my face thoroughly.


If you have spare change and want a beauty tool to help you cleanse your face effectively. The Clarisonic range is something you can consider. Save yourself some money by waiting for the 20% at Drugstore and you can use the money you save to buy more brush heads. 


For ladies with severe acne, you might want to consider though. Although it doesn't feel abrasive on my skin, it might on skin with severe acne issues.


Ratings: 4 lipsticks

18 comments:

  1. Sounds so good! I have been thinking about trying it for ages but the cost is putting me off, especially since I heard some ladies with very sensitive skin like mine could not tolerate it well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have sensitive skin, you may not want to risk it. My skin is very thick ;) so thankfully it works for me.

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to try it out but it isn't available here and with shipping costs it would be a little pricey but I'm glad you like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pricey little thing but somethings are worth splurging on. :)

      Delete
  3. My friend has been raving about this for the longest time and it certainly is a good investment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear that there is a battery operated version that is also very good and cheaper from Lorral I think.

      Delete
  4. I have the original mia and absolutely love it! My face does not feel clean if I do not include this step in my daily skincare routine!
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Natalie, thanks for popping by. The Clarisonic has become very essential in my routine, when I was on vacation for 6 days I could feel that my face was not clean enough.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jacq! I'm in the middle of researching this and I remembered you had a review about it. Thanks for the great review! I definitely getting this just have to search which site has a better deal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica , it is the best beauty investment I have made. I use this twice a day. If you can wait sometimes drugstore.com has 20% discounts store wide.

      Delete
    2. Hi, can I ask how long it will take to deliver the product?

      Delete
    3. It usually takes between 2 to 3 weeks.

      Delete
  6. Hi thank you for the post. Could you mention how much did you pay for shipping?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi thank you so much for the review. May i know how much wad shipping? Also, does it really pick up dirt after regular cleansing and toning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid between $25 to $35 I believe I forgot sorry. I usually use an anti bacteria liquid soap to wash the brush head regularly. My brush head doesn't look dirty after cleansing so I can't tell for sure whether it picks up dirt but I do find my face feeling clean.

      Delete
  8. sorry but i am wondering if my question was not clear enough. I was asking if the clarisonic does pick up dirt from the face even after cleaning and toning the skin. Because i heard some users saying that. (i mean is the clarisonic still able to draw out impurities from the skin after cleansing with face wash and using a toner) thank you so much and sorry for the trouble

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Selvi but I'm not sure if I am answering you right but here goes. I use the clarisonic together with my facial cleanser. That is, I put some of my cleanser on my Clarisonic and wash my face with it. I use my toner after I have used my Clarisonic and dried my face. I really can't say that the Clarisonic will draw out impurities from the skin but it is a good and gentle exfoliation tool.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.