Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chantecaille Coral Reefs Palette Swatches and Review


I will shameless say I bought this palette solely because it looked so pretty. I don't usually buy all in one palettes because there is always a colour I am bound not to use or like. The Coral Reef palette however has very easy to use colours and this is just a great looking palette to tote around.


(Taken from Chanticaille website)

The Coral Reefs Palette
-Palette helps to gain ongoing support and raise awareness for our oceans' endangered reefs
-Eyeshades in Pink Pearl, Reef, Driftwood and Cheek shade in Coral create a healthy, fresh and natural look
-Five percent of the proceeds benefit the Marine Conservation Institute in an effort to protect 10% of the world’s oceans by 2020.
-Paraben-Free
Use the Contour Brush to apply Pink Pearl(HIGHLIGHT/BASE) from The Coral Reefs Palette, starting at the arch of the brow and blending down towards the lashes. 
Step 1
Use the Eye Basic Brush to apply Sand (LID/CREASE) fromThe Coral Reefs Palette over the entire eyelid up to the crease.
Step 1
Use the Eye Liner Brush to apply Driftwood (LINER) fromThe Coral Reefs Palette to the top and bottom lash line. For a smokier look, apply Driftwood with Eye Perfector brush. 
Step 1
Using the Cheek Brush, apply Coral cheek color from The Coral Reefs Palette. Start at the highest point of the check bone and apply outwards towards your temple.
Facechart








Isn't it just gorgeous, it is a pity that the gold is just an over spray. A light dusting with a eye shadow brush removes the gold.


I still think it looks pretty, don't you?



Pink Pearl
 Pink Pearl it sort of a misnomer.  It is more of a matte bone beige shade on me.


Sand
 Sand is a light brown shade.


Driftwood
 Driftwood is the pigmented dark brown of the lot with hints of shimmer.



Coral
Coral is a matte peach coral shade. It is not very pigmented but still shows up on my cheeks well. I am not sure whether it will show up on darker skin tones though.


The eye shadows are not crazy pigmented like Burberry or Le Metier de Beaute eye shadows (I think I'm spoiled!) but they can be layered for a more intense look. The blush is a so so shade. Nothing really exciting but wearable and difficult to overdo. As a travel palette, this is a good all rounder with safe and wearable colours for most. But I am not thoroughly impressed by the quality of the blush although I find the eye shadows soft and finely milled.


Pink Pearl all over lids to the brow bones on top of Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Sand applied to above the crease

Driftwood on the corner of my eyes

Chanel Illusion D'ombre Ebloui patted on top of Driftwood
Gel and liquid liner added
Completed eye look
Coral on my cheeks with Burberry Summer Glow as a bronzer

Chanel Rouge Allure Insolente and Extrait de gloss Insolence
Final look! Hello!

Serious look.


I paid USD $79 for this palette.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

19 comments:

  1. I've long thought this was a beeeauuutiful palette. I didn't know the pigmentation wasn't so good. :(
    I'm sure you'll make it work ;)
    Ps your lips look luscious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey BooBooNinja thank you. I'm only disappointed with the blush pigmentation. The dark brown is gorgeous though.

      Delete
  2. This palette is so pretty! I love the look you've created x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Drama Makeup! I wish I could show you better how it looks on the eyes.

      Delete
  3. This palette is gorgeous! Neutrals always win hands down :) another good buy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruby, you are welcomed to play with it!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous palette! I kinda regret not getting it, but gotta ration my buys more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luna, as pretty as it is, I'm regretting getting it, I have too many similar things. Same here trying to be more disciplined but not doing a very good job.

      Delete
  5. I have been resisting this palette for so long and there you go showing us this enticing review and pretty look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, I don't think this is a must buy.

      Delete
  6. Pretty! I've been wanting this palette for a while but have been unable/unwilling to fork over the money for it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca you are very disciplined and practical.

      Delete
  7. Incredibly beautiful palette! $79 is steep but it seems you have a collector's item now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there babe, it is very steep :( if you don't have many neutrals it would be a good buy.

      Delete
  8. Looking hot babe! I love this palette too! The packaging is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meryl!I got sucked in by the pretty print.

      Delete
  9. Meh, this didn't look that impressive especially for that price after seeing it swatched. The colours don't really seem anything special for makeup addicts, though an ordinary person would probably find it useful, but what non-makeup addicted person spends $70USD on Chante?? They really do amazing packaging/brand positioning though, soooooo luxe it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I like that phrase so luxe it hurts, good one Rachel. This belongs to my regret pile.

      Delete
  10. Gosh, I hate when brands do this! It's so mortifying that the palette is a beauty but once you touch it, the overspray is gone and all you have left is the photos. If you have taken any.
    aaaand you have to pay a lot for these heartbreakers! T_T

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.