Saturday, July 14, 2012

Chanel Illusion D'Ombre 86 Ebloui swatches and review




Ebloui was one of the few Illusion D'Ombre that I did not get. Last year I wasn't so into neutrals so I skipped it. This year I'm into neutrals in a big big way and after reading what Kate at drivel about frivol did with Ebloui I had to have it.

I currently have Fantasme, Mirifique, Epatant, Emerville and Illusoire.



Ebloui to my eyes look like a sparkly brown with hints of red.


Here I have Ebloui patted on top of the beige shade from my Chanel Sable Emouvant eye shadow duo.


Next, I added more depth to the outer corner of my eyes by adding the chocolate brown shade from the same eye shadow duo. I also added the darkest matte brown from my Inglot Rainbow eye shadow 112R on the outer corner of my eyes.


Finally topped it off with first my Kate gel eye liner and then went over it with my Lorac Front of the Line liquid eye liner. Then finished off with my new Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill waterproof mascara.


You can't really see the sparkle unless you are under lights. It isn't disco sparkly just some elegant shine.

If you like your sparklies in a elegant way and love neutrals, you have to have this in your arsenal. The price tag is worth it.


Ratings: 5 lipsticks

13 comments:

  1. I own this as well and I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely shade! I've never tried Chanel cream eyeshadows

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, the Chanel Illusion D'ombres tend to be more sparkly (elegant sparkly) I definitely recc Emerville (lovely champagne gold shade) as a all over wash, Mirifique (the prettiest sparky black) and this shade Ebloui.

      Delete
  3. I have never tried cream eyeshadows, not even from Chanel. I'm afraid they'd slip and crease on my oily lids. But this shade looks like a very nice everyday neutral shade. It looks pretty on your peepers too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pammy my lids are oily too most cream shadows crease on me but I experience minimal creasing with these. I also use my Nars primer.

      Delete
  4. Eblouie is the illusion d'Ombre that I use least. I really want to like it but I dunno why it looks super red on my eye :( anyway thanks for this review, it reminds me that I should dig my eblouie again and try using it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meryl, I think we need to remind each other to dig out our old goodies to play with. The redness issue was why I was hesitant to buy it but I am glad I did.

      Delete
  5. Jacq..... U just made me lem for Chanel Illusion d'Ombre lor!!! It is always a touch and go for when me I swatch it over the counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always borrow mine to wear and see if it works on your eyes ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi Jacqueline! I'm wondering what is the average temp of your room where you store your illusion d'ombres? I understand that they should be kept in cool and dry enviornments but Singapore is hot and humid? Also, how can you tell that the product has been compromised?
    I live in Canada, but my bathroom temp averages 24C and of course, it does get massive humidity after a long shower!!!...I guess that is not a good place for me to put my cream products. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anon, I keep them in my room far away from the window. My room is mostly air-conditioned at night so is normally cool, even during the day it doesn't get that hot. My Illusoire actually fell out of its glass tub a week ago, I just put it back, I did not notice any degradation in the quality of the product though. I'll keep an eye out.

      Honestly I think the bathroom is not a great place for cream products but if you have kept them there for a long time and nothing has happened I guess it is actually ok.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.