Sunday, July 8, 2012

Avene Clearance Gel


I was given this along with a sunblock sample about a month ago by a nice SA at Guardian It was just perfect for travel and I took it along with me on my Bali trip. 

For the 6 days there I used it day and night and it did a good job of cleansing my face without me feeling tightness which some harsh cleansers can do to my face. Although it is supposed to be soap free it felt a little soapy to me. It has a pleasant floral scent.

It costs 200 ml USD $18, SGD $30.50.


(Information taken from Avene website)

Skin type

Oily, blemish-prone skin

Benefits

  • Deep cleansing action purifies without stripping the skin
  • PH 7.2 respects the skin’s natural balance, minimizing the trigger of excess sebum production
  • Pleasant fragrance tolerated by sensitive skin
  • Soap-free
  • Avène thermal spring water to soothe and soften skin
  • Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic 

How to use

Apply AM/PM to moistened face, lather, rinse thoroughly and pat dry.  Follow with Cleanance Anti-shine regulating lotion, Clean-Ac, or Cleanance K Oil control lotion.
Ingredients: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth 60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth 20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo Seed Oil (Pumpkin), Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5 (CI 61570), Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Zinc Gluconate
Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

12 comments:

  1. I love Avene product! I think they're pretty affordable and they the quality is good too. I have never tried this one but I have tried avene milk cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you like the milk cleanser dear?

      Delete
  2. I love Avene products as well :-) actually I have this gel at home but I haven't tried it yet
    I'm currently using a gel from La Roche Posay and I like it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know the name of the gel you are using, I'm always on a lookout for good cleansers.

      Delete
    2. La Roche-Posay Purifying Foamin Gel For Oily Sensitive Skin
      actually I wanted to write about it in my June Yays and Nays post but I totally forgot

      Delete
    3. Thanks Caise, I'll go check it out.

      Delete
  3. I am kinda into cleansers right now and I have a couple of products lined up on the "will try soon" list. And this one's earned its spot on the list. I was sold on the no tight feeling. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, my ears and eyes always perk up when I read brightening.

      Delete
  4. I like how you'd placed the product in the crook of the tree trunk. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makeupmag, vacation time is the only time my beauty products get to go on location for a photo shoot. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm glad to hear this works for you! I tried it a couple of years back and it broke me out HORRIBLY! I even went back on it just to make sure and it really was that! Still no idea what's in it that upset my skin so much though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear Sunny, I'm sorry to hear that. Touch wood but my skin is quite tolerant so it is quite okay for me to try new skincare.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.