Thursday, June 14, 2012

Make Up For Ever Sens'Eyes Review




I received the Make Up For Ever Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser about 3 weeks ago. Since I knew I was going to Bali, I have been saving it to bring along with me.

(Taken from Sephora website)


What it is:
A mineral oil-free, gel makeup remover for eyes and lips.

What it is formulated to do:
Instantly removes impurities and even waterproof makeup on the most sensitive eyes, and works well for contact lens wearers. Moisturizes and soothes eyelids. 

What else you need to know:
Extremely effective and incredibly gentle, this lightweight cleanser won't leave the eyelids feeling greasy. Dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested.



Suggested Usage:
-Place cotton pad-soaked product on the eyelids and let it soak into the eyelashes, without rubbing. 
-On fragile eyelids, apply gel with fingers and smooth gently over makeup.
-Remove gently with cotton wool moistened with water.

*Professional Tip:
For perfectly cleansed lids, run a cotton swab over the base of the eyelashes to remove any residue.



Aqua (Water), Isododecane, Methylpropanediol, Acrylates Copolymer, Ageratum Conyzoides (Ageratum Conyzoides Leaf Extract), Butylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Ethylparaben, Glycerin, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton Seed Extract), Isobutylparaben, Mel Extract (Honey Extract), Sodium Methylparaben, Methylparaben, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Propylparaben, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sorbic Acid, Tromethamine, CI 42090 (Blue 1).


There are two sizes available, I'm holding on to the travel sized bottle at 30ml, SGD $21 whereas the regular sized bottle is 100 ml, SGD $39. 

I have a great many water proof eye products because I have issues with teary eyes. My favourite water proof eye liner, the MUFE Aqua Liners are hell to remove. I usually soak my cotton pad with my current oil-free eye makeup remover from Neutrogena and wait a good 30 seconds for it to dissolve the eye liner. After that I still need to gently rub the remaining eyeliner off. I did not want to lug that into my luggage and I did not want to bring a separate makeup remover. I remembered Liza Haron the Academy Director of MUFE Singapore mentioning that Sens' Eyes could double up as a makeup remover. So in went Sens'Eyes into my makeup pouch.

I generally need to use a pump each for each eye. I would massage it onto my eyes and then remove with a cotton pad. It basically removes everything. It did not irritate my eyes.




A little bit of black eye liner still hanging tough after one pump massaged onto eye
However, when I apply heavy eye liner, I found that I needed another one more pump to make sure I get rid of all traces of eye liner. I realized that perhaps I have been using wrong. I read to remove with a damp cotton pad. So I did another experiment this time I took out some of my smudge proof and water proof eye products for testing.


Left to right: Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencil, MUFE Aqua Shadow, MUFE Aqua Lier and Urban Decay 24/7 Water prof liquid liner

One pump of Sens'Eyes

Sens' Eyes massaged onto arm

Damp cotton pad gone over arm twice



I found that using a damp cotton pad after to remove the traces of makeup works wonders.

For my face, I needed about three pumps to remove the traces of foundation from my face. After that, I use a facial cleanser to wash.


I find the the travel sized version a wonderful companion to tote around for holidays. However for daily use I still prefer my regular eye make up remover. I just happen to prefer liquids to creams.


Ratings: 3 lipsticks

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.