Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Giorgio Armani UV Master Primer Review


I bought the UV master primer to streamline my morning makeup routine. Instead of having to apply a sunblock and then a primer, this will kill two birds with one stone. 

I have always been particular about sun protection. So when I saw the high SPF, I was doubly happy.



For some reason I am unable to find much information about the UV Master Primer on its official international website. I was able to find it on the GA website for Asia, you can read about it here.


The UV master primer comes in the same plastic squeeze tube like the fluid master primer (one of my favourite matte primers of all time!) except that it is a white tube instead of black.


The consistency and texture is that of a very light cream that blends and absorbs easily into the skin. I do not get a white cast but I do notice an instant glow. It works similarly to my Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Base Fluid except it has SPF and is glowier (is that even a word?)

I tried it with various foundations and found that it helped my foundation stay put and last throughout the day. However it doe not minimize my pores.

I prefer using this with my matte foundations e.g. GA Lasting Silk UV foundation or MUFE HD foundation for a subtle glow. When paired with GA Designer Lift or GA Luminous Silk the luminosity is quite pronounced.



Just UV Master Primer and Designer Lift foundation, no powder.
I love that it is a two in one primer. I have always been happy with GA base products and this is also one of them. My skin currently is between a normal and combination but I don't get the oilies now like before. I can go the day without blotting and not looking like an oil slick. So for me I love the glowy effect the UV Master Primer gives me. If you have oily skin and need to blot every few hours and also have enlarged pores, this isn't a product for you. I think you would be better off using a favourite sun block under the Fluid Master Primer.

This is selling for SGD $63.

Ratings: 3+ lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. Ahh something ELSE from GA that I'd love to try! The list keeps getting longer! I don't think I usually need SPF 40 in Belgium though, so maybe I'll get the other one some day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Sunny! If you like primers with a silicone feel, you will love the fluid master (black bottle), my face is instantly matte and smooth.

      Delete
  2. That's too bad, I was hoping this one would work for me. I'm always envious of people who can use the Luminous Silk foundation too, because I always hear rave reviews about it and I know it's a favorite of makeup artists too. I have such oily skin, though, that I doubt it would work for me...and this base too. It looks so lovely on you though. I can definitely see the glow emanating from your skin, but it doesn't look oily or greasy in any way. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becca, I know what you mean, I envy girls with normal skin but take heart as you grow order your oily skin actually keeps your skin looking more youthful in the long run. I am using this for going out but not for work. It has been so humid in Singapore these days and since I'm not working in an air-conditioned environment, I look greasy after about 6 hours.

      Delete
  3. Now, I want to try the Fluid Master Primer ... what have you done?! I currently love the Smashbox Hydrating Primer - i think I'm on my 3rd (or is it 4th?) tube. It hydrates such that the skin does not overcompensate and get oilier (and I'm oily skinned) :)

    Just subscribed via the feedburner! Or the email subscription .. either way, im subscribed! your photos are really nice and clear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kas! :) Thank you so much for your compliments, I can give you a sample to try.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.