Thursday, June 21, 2012

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Waterproof Mascara


(Taken from Nordstrom webite)

Empower the eye with more intensity with Eyes to Kill Waterproof mascara, a long-wear, lengthening and volumizing formula.



The lash-liner brush instantly outlines and loads the lashes with a high-powered yet lightweight formula. Use a zigzag movement starting at the root, and glide up to the tips to elongate, curve, separate and extend the lashes with an unforgettable sheen.

  • Suitable for sensitive eyes.
  • Fragrance-free.
  • Ophthalmologist-tested.



I have been wanting to try this mascara for the longest time now. I finlly got to try it at the Giorgio Armani counter. At the counter after Alan tried it on me, my puny lashes were visible. I liked it so much I bought it. SGD $46.


I love the hefty steel tube. It feels so luxurious.


I hate doing lash swatches. My lashes do not behave and they always turn out wonky. That is real life for you. 


I definitely prefer this to my Lancome Hypnose Doll Eyes. The formula isn't very wet so I can use it easily with minimal smudges. I can apply quite a few layers without feeling that it is all spidery leg like. Because it is water proof, it does not smudge on me at all. I like the wand. It separates my lashes with no clumps at all. It also holds up my curled lashes without weighing them down.

I like it but I am not in love with it yet. I have a strange and sneaky feeling that a drugstore brand would probably give me the same results and at a lesser price. Sigh.

Ratings: 3 lipsticks

6 comments:

  1. I totally get you with this review. I love high-end mascaras, but not for nearly $50 apiece! Esp cos I throw them out after 3 months since my eyes are so sensitive. Sure I do get slightly better results than with drugstore brands but for less than half the price, I'd just go with d/s. Plus there are always so many new d/s mascaras to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should learn my lesson already but I don't. Old habits die hard I tell you. What is your fav drugstore mascara at the moment Rachel?

      Delete
    2. Hehe actually I haven't been using d/s mascaras for awhile as I've mostly been swapping for and using up my stash of high end mascara minis - my favourite is Lancome Virtuouse. But if I buy d/s I usually buy Maybelline, I don't like Japanese brand mascaras as they make my lashes feel too hard. I just bought one from Essence from the Watsons at NAC for $5 just to try out cos it's so cheap! Essence stuff is just ridiculously cheap, and their nail polishes are really cute and small AND only $2.80 each!

      Delete
    3. I love mascara samples too! I'm loving the Chanel Inimitable Extreme but not the Guerlain one. I have heard of Essence but have not gone into a Watsons that has it yet. I must check it out. I love small nail polishes, they are so much easier to finish up.

      Delete
  2. I don't like Giorgio Armani mascaras :( I think they are a little too wet but I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Caise, I don't like wet mascaras too, they smudge all over. This one wasn't wet for me.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.