Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Silk Eye shadow No. 1 Blast of Blue


There are a couple of pot eye shadow formulas that  am head over heels for and I hoard like crazy. I love the Shiseido Shimmering Cream eye shadows, the Chanel Illusion d'Ombres and the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill eye shadows. The main difference between the Chanel and Giorgio Armani ones is the texture. GA is a pigmented pressed powder whereas Chanel is a pigmented bouncy cream/mousse texture.

I think many people compare ETKs to the Loreal Infallibles. Yes they do have a similar texture but when it comes to the complexity of colours and quality, I still feel ETKs beat Infallibles hands down.



I did not want to get any more blue eye shadows. Certain blues are very tricky for me.  Blast of Blue was sitting so prettily at the counter and between Lust Red (another gorgeous colour) and Blast of Blue I felt I would wear it more often. When Alan the MA at the DFS Scotts GA counter applied it on me, I was sold.



Blast of Blue is a silvery steel blue with hints of gold. I can wear it as a subtle colour or go smoky with it.


Just to recap what I have been saying about the ETKs. Eyes To Kill eye shadows do crease slightly on me if I do not use a primer underneath. With a primer, they last all day without creasing. They are not tear  proof for me. Selling for SGD $41.

Ratings: 5 lipsticks

17 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is isn't it? Wait till you see Madre Perla from the summer collection, to die for!

      Delete
  2. Wah, so pretty! Luckily it keeps the colors from mixing into an undescribable grey >.<
    Many of these types of shadows does it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup I know what you mean, I had that happen to me with the Infallibles.

      Delete
  3. Jacq, I agree with you that this i similar to L'Oreal Infallible but after all this is Giorgio Armaniiii!!! Oh I love ETK so much that I feel like buying them all :(
    I wish wish wish that Sg counter would have ETK Summer collection (which I know they won't have)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm kicking myself for not getting Obsidian Grey when I Had the chance.

      Delete
  4. I'm sooo getting this!!! i left DFS without buying it previously and i am thinking about it since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby next time you go to DFS take me with you, we can mu shop together.

      Delete
  5. Oh no! I have been eagerly waiting for the summer ETKs to arrive at the Sg counter!! Dear Jacqueline, do You think the summer collection will arrive here?! I wish wish it will too!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh and i didnt add above- You made a pretty choice!! Blast of Blue looks good on You!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anne, I have a feeling that the summer ETKs may not come to Singapore :(. But I'll ask round and confirm when I can. Thanks Anne, this is a good buy in my opinion.

      Delete
    2. Ooh Thank You for Your prompt reply Jacqueline!! I have been Your silent reader for sometime- I look forward to your new posts as always!! :D Cheers! Thank You again!:)

      If i am not too greedy, i hope the Giorgio Armani Second summer skin lacquer/porcelain collection will come to sg too!:)

      Delete
    3. I'll be honest, I love comments and I get very excited when I see one. I'm glad you are not a silent reader anymore! I saw the skin lacquer glosses at Best Things in Beauty very pretty. I'm more a lipstick fan so I'd love to see the lip sheers

      Delete
    4. Hello Jacqueline!! Thank You for warmly welcoming all the comments!:) Oh yes, the lip sheers too!! I worry for my wallet... The 6 new eyes to kill from the skin lacquer collection looks promising too!! I anticipate your reviews on the summer ETKs!!:D

      Delete
    5. Anne, I worry about my wallet too. My wallet hates my spending :) Can I say that Madre Perla over Obsidian Black is totally drool worthy and gorgeous. I wore it out tonight, unfortunately my Urban Decay Zero eye pencil failed me and left me with serious black smudges. So unsexy! Sigh, I hate my oily lids.

      Delete
    6. :) I myself find it tough to resist gorgeous makeup pieces!! And to my wallets worry, i was admiring the limited edition Chanel Blue Illusion makeup!! I loved Sable Emouvant on your eyes too!!
      Oh wow!! Judging from the online swatches of the latest ETKs, i can roughly imagine the beautiful layerings and complexity of combining both shades!!

      Aww.. I battle with oily lids which makes shadows and liners crease too.. Sg's humid weather doesnt make the situation any better!! Have You tried the Etude House Proof 10 eye primer? Its quite my new HG primer, and slghtly more wallet friendly...:)

      Delete
    7. Thanks for the heads up on Chanel Blue Illusion collection, I love the illusion d'ombres and I see two new one in that. Expressions de changel is going to have two more so I can't wait to see swatches and decide.

      I'm using NARS primer which is great but I still get smudging accidents, I'll have a peak at the Étude House primer when I pass by, no harm in trying.

      I'm now loving Sable Emouvant with my Ebloui lots, my new fav neutral look at the moment.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.