Saturday, June 23, 2012

Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Smoothing Firming Foundation Shade 6 Swatches and Review


I have been wanting to try this since I read reviews from Front Row Beauty and Delicate Hummingbird. But back then it was quite difficult to get access to Giorgio Armani. And foundations are so tricky to buy online.

I have been under the sun quite a lot lately and have gotten a serious tan. I decided that it would be a great time to get myself matched at the Giorgio Armani counter at DFS Scotts Road once and for all. 



(Taken from the Giorgio Armani website)

Full coverage in the most featherlight texture there is. Comfort, sensory delight and hold. Designer Lift creates the perfect balance. 



The Armani glow reaches its height: the skin is cloaked in a matte and luminous veil. The stretch texture, rich in active ingredients, enhances the youthfulness of the face. 

Just like in couture, the difference is in the details. Designer Lift’s added extra is an unusual hint of Prussian blue pearliser. A bold addition that brings a new freshness to the complexion. 

Nothing is more difficult to achieve than apparent simplicity.The best of Giorgio Armani technology is combined in this formula, resulting in an immediate effect.
A natural result is guaranteed and reached easily, as if it was the work of a practised make-up artist. 

Drawing on Micro-Fil Stretch technology, Designer lift drapes the skin in a new cosmetic textile: an extremely fine extendable mesh, inspired by Stretch fabrics. Smooth and voluptuous, Designer lift gently embraces the face.
Sensory pleasure and absolute comfort, for hours… A perfect second-skin sensation.







I was matched to shade 6 which is described as a golden beige shade. It suits my skin tone very well so it does not look like I am wearing foundation. Just my skin but better.

Left to right: GA Lasting Silk 5.5, GA Designer Lift 6, GA Luminous Silk 6 and GA Lasting Silk 7


I have above all my Giorgio Armani foundations (Face Fabric missing, sorry.) As you can see, my misadventures with ordering foundations online has left me with 2 foundations that are either too dark or too light. I mix both to get a shade suitable with my skin tone. I also asked for a sample of the Luminous Silk foundation in shade 6 which I will review later.

When compared with Lasting Silk and Luminous Silk, Designer Lift has a creamier slightly thicker consistency. It still blends very well with my two favourite foundation brushes. My Shiseido Perfect Foundation Brush and my Sigma Round Top Kabuki (not yet reviewed.)


With only Designer Lift applied over UV Master Primer, no powder



Coverage ranges from medium to full. I was recommended to use one full pump which I found still too much for me. So I use less than a full pump and concentrate mostly on my cheek area which has the most acne scars. Designer Lift imparts a satiny glow and after a 5 hours I do get some shine which I blot. I do find that in humid conditions I start to shine much sooner. 

I wore this for my dance class on Saturday. It survived a hot and sweaty 10 minute walk under the sun. After dance class, instead of an oil slick, I was slightly shiny looking.

I think this would be a great foundation for drier skins and normal skins. If you happen to have very oily skin, you might not like the shine.


Left to right: GA Designer Lift 6, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B30, Burberry Sheer Foundation No. 7, MUFE HD Foundation #123 Desert ad Lancome Teint Miracle O-04



My overall thoughts on Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Foundation:

I think it is another winner from Giorgio Armani. They make some of the best foundations. At SGD $84, it is one pricey foundation but worth the price if you like a luminous finish. It blends well and though creamy still feels feather light on the skin. If you have very oily skin or work in a environment which is non air-conditioned and humid, I would prefer you try the Lasting Silk foundation which is another fantastic foundation in my humble opinion. 

Ratings: 4 lipsticks

10 comments:

  1. Hi Jacs, this is long overdue. But I have nominated you for the Leibster award, because you deserve a special mention. Love your posts, love your style, and hope you never ever stop blogging. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy thank you so much! I'm just glad you like what I've been putting on my blog. Its from reading blogs like yours that gives me ideas and the motivation to improve. Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Another winner from GA reminding me I need to check them out soon.

    Jacq, I have also nominated you for the Liebster award and please continue to blog awesome stuffs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miaka, thank you. Imagine my surprise to be nominated twice. I am so happy that there are people out there who like to read my blog. Thank you for your words of encouragement Miaka. I am very honored. :)

      Delete
  3. Got this as a sample but have yet to try. Might make a trip down to DFS later, wish me luck! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy hauling Joyce, tell me what you hauled.

      Delete
  4. Do you know which shade of the Designer Lift is the most pink-toned? (I can not wear yellow undertones on my skin..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you say that it does its job as a "lifting and toning" foundation as it claims to be? And which do you recomend as the best giorgio armani foundation you have tested?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I don't see any toning or lifting effect. I still prefer Lasting Silk among all the GA foundations.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.