Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Giorgio Armani haul in Singapore

I got some "me" time on last Tuesday and went for a long overdue facial at Orchard Road area. Since I had no makeup on it was a good time to go foundation shopping.

I had gotten a tan after my Bali trip and my foundations don't match me anymore. I decided to finally visit the Giorgio Armani counter at DFS Galleria Scotts Road. I met the wonderful Alan who gave me a beautiful makeover. Thanks Alan! Nice meeting you!

The bases

Lip products

Skincare
The Giorgio Armani counter is strategically positioned near the entrance, you can't miss it. The displays are big and I literally drooled at everything.



Giorgio Armani has their own version of bb cream. You can read about this line called Luminessence at Atelier Beauty. I would love to try this.

I was debating between getting the new Designer Lift foundation and the Luminous Silk foundation. In the end after much discussion with Alan, we decided to try the Designer Lift on my face.



After trying 5 and 6 on my jaw line, we decided to go for 6 as it matched my neck the best.  I also found out that the Lasting Silk UV foundation that I own in No. 7 is way too dark for me. Alan literally gasped when I told him I own a No. 7 shade.

Before applying foundation on my face, Alan used the Regenessence [3.R] Youth Regenerator on my face followed by a primer with SPF 40. Then with two pumps of foundation he used the Blender brush to apply and blend onto my face.

What were used on my face

My first impression of the Designer Lift foundation was that it gave medium to full coverage. It matched my skin tone well and it had a satiny finish.

I decided to also try a few other things I have been eyeing.



(Bows head in shame) I own many of Eyes To Kill eye shadows but I can't get enough of them, they are like drugs and I have an addiction. I was contemplating Lust Red and Blast of Blue, the beautiful blue interspersed with gold won me over.


I also took the chance to try out the famous Eyes To Kill mascara and a lipstick from the Rouge D'armani range. Alan used PK501 on me, I positively love the creamy texture and the bright yet natural pink colour.

Needless to say I hauled big time.


My haul with GWP


What eventually went home with me,

Designer Lift foundation No. 6 SGD $84
UV Master Primer (I love the high SPF!) SGD $63
Eyes To Kill eye shadow No. 1 Blast of Blue SGD $41
Eyes To Kill Waterproof mascara (the last one! Ha ha! And I own it!) SGD $46
Unfortunately the pretty pink lipstick is OOS so I guess there will be a next time.

My skincare samples


Gorgeous black velvet makeup pouch



The makeup pouch is luxuriously soft and roomy. My brain however is telling me how impractical black velvet is as a material for a makeup pouch. But its Giorgio Armani!

I leave you with my makeover face and eye.

Lip colour and blush my own, everything else GA



I love the duality of the blue and gold.

Anyway I loved my experience at the GA counter, Alan was very well informed and knowledgeable about his products. I also loved the soft day look he created with just his fingers. Little Miss Cheapskate here also asked for a sample of the Luminous Silk foundation and he kindly obliged and pumped out some into my contact lens container without batting an eyelid. 

Have you had great experiences at cosmetic counters? Who is your favourite so far?

20 comments:

  1. Great post as usual Jacq! :-) I was just wondering what you purchased from GA from your previous post:-) How are the prices like? I got the Designer Lift foundation from Australia and it cost a whopping 90AUD! I must drop by DFS to check these out soon. I am quite interested in their sheer blushes and the ETKs. Have a great Sunday ahead!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I find Aussie prices so highly marked up, you poor poor girl! Thanks for reminding me, I just updated my post with prices I totally forgot about it. You will not find a GA counter at DFS airport only at Scotts in Orchard Road unfortunately.

      Delete
  2. You really hauled. I can't wait for you to try their blushes especially the blushing fabric. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh heh the next time I visit I'll get a lippie and a blush for sure.

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul! I've been waiting for GA to launch the new ETKs before I make my way down.. Love that we finally have a GA counter!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Luna, you may have to wait longer. I asked and it seems that the Summer collection is not coming in any time soon. I would love to swatch the Face and Cheeks Duo palette.

      Delete
  4. Lust red is a must have! I have that and loving it so much. I think you'll like it too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a sneaky feeling I will eventually get it too. :)

      Delete
  5. Love ETK in Blast of Blue! Looks great on you and it doesn't look on you as it look in the pot. Quite suitable for day look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Miaka, the blue is not so evident when I use it. It is more of a silver/gold/ blue.

      Delete
  6. Oooo don't tempt me! Gosh you just make me want MORE GA! Can't wait to see how well the foundation performs! The colors look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny, if you have the chance you must try some of GA makeup. They are really good stuff. I am loving the finish of the foundation so far.

      Delete
  7. Nice haul! I'm itching to get another ETK but can't seem to decide which one I should get, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! When Alan was reccomending me colours I'm like oh I have this already oh I have that. What colours do you own right now, I could recc you some ;)

      Delete
    2. I have #4, bearing in mind that I have the desired colors I want from other brands - Lancome & Chanel. There's a gold/silver ETK that I've got my eye on but it's limited edition and seems to be released in selected countries.

      Delete
    3. Joyce do you know Chanel will be releasing a gold illusion Dom? I can't wait to see that. I think I remember the gold mixed with silver EtKs, I was worried it is too frosty. Sucks when you can't get the item you want right? I bet for this Christmas you will probably see newer versions of the gold and silver theme.

      Delete
  8. Just came over from TMB! Nice haul, Jacqueline! What a high you must have felt (and Armani, no less, heh). I love that feeling when I've made good at a counter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there makeupmag, I'm so happy you popped by and left me a comment :) I'm a long time reader of your blog. I love how you put it "making good at the counter", oh yeah I certainly made good.

      Delete
  9. Hi Jac!

    Thank you so much for reading my blog! I hardly have time to blog, not to mention read other blogs, so am sorry I haven't commented earlier.

    Nice getting to know you thru' your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem makeupmag, finding the time to blog is one of the issues that we all face. I use to be the silent reader type, its only recently that I have started to comment more.

      Delete

I love comments! Please leave me one. I promise I'll write back.